Mt. Hood all this week -- waiting 4 weather window

bjames

Hi, I'm visiting Oregon from the east and looking to up Mt. Hood DKH or Pearly Gates while I'm out here. I'll be staying at Timberline all this week doing some skiing. I have climbing gear // alpine / ice tools -- though no rope with me. I should mention that I am fit and a steady hiker. I'm interested in meeting up with a party who can lead / knows the route. Weather doesn't seem to be in this weekend, but I am available all this week and ready to give it a shot anytime things start to look good.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some beta- my buddy attempted DKH (big chute, AKA Variation 1) 2 days ago and said the route was ice-spotted dirt... so that'uns probably not gonna be "in" for a while yet. You've probably seen the TRs on Pearly... currently a fairly respectable route.

Good luck. be safe. Even if a window did appear to pop up in the middle of this week, I don't think I'd personally chance it.. but it'd probably be a lot more tempting if I was staying at the lodge. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...