Big Walls

PrincessWookie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from these punters, read the book! Use the information and knowledge in it! Do lots of multi-pitch, get used to the aid kit, really, really examine why belay transfers either speed things up or totally slow you up!

Hit a quarry and actually practice those teachings in that book, study it. If you really want to learn good rope work and station skills go north and hire a Canadian guide to show you.

When I got started climbing. I was mostly interested in walls to. It allows huge walls to be done with a casual, fun pace. Even now, I have enjoyed being really fast at aid climbing as a result of hundreds of pitches.Like ice, you can get into some great "positions". Ridiculous places that you dont belong. Exposure you dont deserve. Walling gave me a base of technical experience and problem solving, that still serves me much later. Enjoy walls and see where it leads. I would still be doing it today, but I dont like all the gear, and long belays. Solo helps with that . Will prolly do more as I age.

Aside from these punters, read the book! Use the information and knowledge in it! Do lots of multi-pitch, get used to the aid kit, really, really examine why belay transfers either speed things up or totally slow you up!

Hit a quarry and actually practice those teachings in that book, study it. If you really want to learn good rope work and station skills go north and hire a Canadian guide to show you.

THANKS Blue! Awesome information that I will USE. I appreciate the feedback (and from WAYNE too).

Well, I will look into the Canadian guide thing. I'm at work in Alaska right now off the Beaufort Sea coast. SUCKS balls up here now... windy, blowing, I cannot wait to get back to the REAL world!

Got three more days up here, but then I go to my cabin in Fairbanks where it's friggin' 45 BELOW now...good lord. Hard to ride my bike at those temps!

I'm going so crazy wanting to do outdoor frolicking!! And I have my John Long book at home--not much time to read anything at work.

THANKS AGAIN ALL!!!

What does the "Site Supporter" mean that is under Princess Wookie's name? I don't think I've seen that before on anyone elses handle.

I donated money to the website...because I love you all! :wave: I don't donate much to any causes, but I like this site and appreciate the mods contribution.

Actually, you don't have to have a PayPal account. I don't have one--I just made a donation purchase with my credit card and that was it. Simple, painless.

What does the "Site Supporter" mean that is under Princess Wookie's name? I don't think I've seen that before on anyone elses handle.
Actually, you don't have to have a PayPal account. I don't have one--I just made a donation purchase with my credit card and that was it. Simple, painless.
Thanks, D, appreciate knowing that. Do you know if jon takes Disco? I've got 0% on that one for a year... :)

Wooks,

If you are up for a two hour drive once you are situated in Wenatchee, I have a heapload of aid climbing to get done next summer.

Beautiful lines, first accents, multi-pitch, multi-day if you are so inclined.

Sobo can vouch for me...... oh shit, is it to late to take that back?

(PS. Sobo... if you have guesses as to location... keep you lips sealed... not for the interwebs)