Yak Peak, BC.

moosejah

the reason your getting trolled is that your asking for information that is easily googleable and is posted in lots of guidebooks and your asking where u should camp in a a forest by the road and it's cascadeclimbers and your welcome.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

moosejah, you'll be all right. Someone like Dru/G-spotter or someone else who lives up your way/has been on Yak Peak will eventually see this and chime in with useful beta.

You're gonna die.

this is the summit. That rock is pretty pointy but maybe the snow will cover it. the cave underneath is full of ashes.

you're welcome

I was kinda hoping you'd do better than that for the new guy, Drew...

The only people that camp out on top of Yak are the dumbfucks that epic on the climbing routes because they bring too much shit, specifically tents. Other than that it's like 2-3 hrs up fro the highway, you may as well pitch a fucking tent halfway up the Grouse Grind.

Happy?

That's better. thx

Hey thanks for trying to help out for no reason in particular Sobo :)

I dont get whats up with alot of the people on this site...i expected people who love to climb and love the outdoors to be a little more relaxed and laid back..but it seems so far that all three days that ive been watching the forums that the majority have walking poles shoved up some really uncomfortable places.

You guys could be a little more respectful when someone (sobo) is trying to help get some information for a new member that they really dont even really need to waste their time on.

Trying being a little more civil and courteous. We're all climbers here who all love the outdoors.....

Here's another clue, troll, after looking at your email address:

When the wicked advance against me

to devour me,

it is my enemies and my foes

who will stumble and fall.

Though an army besiege me,

my heart will not fear;

though war break out against me,

even then I will be confident.

Id like to know how, asking for some advice is ignorant. And how being irritated by ignorant answers is so unheard of.

So far sobo obwan are the only two people who've actually given an answer isnt condescending or patronizing.

Ive done all the "google searching" possible and was just hoping for some feedback from people who've climbed it, one way or another. And thought id get positive feed back. But apparently the high altitude and thin air have left the majority of people on here feeling a little more full of themselves then what reality would say about them.

Hey thanks for trying to help out for no reason in particular Sobo :)

I dont get whats up with alot of the people on this site...i expected people who love to climb and love the outdoors to be a little more relaxed and laid back..but it seems so far that all three days that ive been watching the forums that the majority have walking poles shoved up some really uncomfortable places.

You guys could be a little more respectful when someone (sobo) is trying to help get some information for a new member that they really dont even really need to waste their time on.

Trying being a little more civil and courteous. We're all climbers here who all love the outdoors.....

Look here's your intel:

Bring an ice axe for april and prepare to do Needle peak instead if conditions are bad.

If snow conditions are normal, a stove will give you all the water you need. You won't need much anyways, its only 2600' feet.

From pics from other people it looks like there will be a spot for a single person tent at least. Definitely check the weather 2-3 days out and go down.

Ok happy? I suggest you stop flamebaiting people unless you are a troll. I feel for you but statements like "You guys could be a little more respectful" aren't going to help you and probably cause people here to cry from laughter.

Trying being a little more civil and courteous.

alright so since you can't see it. Lets take a step back to thte beginning of this disaster of a thread.

Philoneus makes a subtle joke of the rasta bivy kit which possibly dates way back to when Layton was still living here. It worked very well with the "jah" in your moosejah.

You don't see the humor which is understandable since you are new here

Scott kindly tries to show how this is funny by describing the connection between rasta and your log in.

Of the many possible responses, one of which is "oh, that makes sense now", you proceed to subtly pitch him shit.

So what we need is a big group hug and a start over. You are right about being civil. But beware that the civility will be gone quickly at the first sign of being a a-hole.

(FWIW, there has been a recent uprise in new posters who are a-holes. Hence the suspicion that someone is making new avatars and just posting to stir things up. Troll's.)

So since you have a specific question. Storm's do roll in quick in that range. Not quick and intense as right on the coast but probably worse than the far interior. I am assuming you live interior BC. April can and will be very wet but you will find that weather window if you are patient.

I suspect that you will find a couple bivy platforms on top from climbers who did not climb fast enough so they had to wait it out on the summit. Assuming that there is not snow on top.

So go do, take photos and submit a TR when done.

Also, while I am far from completely literate (I rarely get "the" right....always make it "teh") you are = you're and not your

Happy new ME year y'all.

:) sounds good.

seeing as the weather is really weird here this year, and we dont have anymore snow where i am, and getting 5+ days im hoping and praying that my ten day window in mid april will be an amazingly warm period and perfect for a yak summit.

well see i guess. if not then i suppose august will have to do.

And no, i am not trolling. Just looking for straight answers. All tho i am not usually afraid to stir things up, i never set out to do so nor really enjoy it.

OK, have we all had fun now? I'm actually a bit sorry for piling on the newbie moosejah, but it IS tempting when someone sets themselves up as such an obvious target. (Sorry dude, it's true.)

And, just to show that there's no hard feelings, I'll even let you in on the big secret; a rasta bivi kit is considered by some to be the ultimate lightweight solution to an unplanned night out in the hills. A nice fat glowing herbal cigarette apparently can make the long cold dark times more entertaining.

Personally, I'd prefer a tent, thick foam pad, and warm bag for an adventure like you're planning. I hope you have a great time on your trip.

lol...

well i have thick skin so its all good.

I think ill try out my alpine bivy? o got a decent bag too so well see.Although ill be honest i do feel like a rather large Burrito in the bivy sometimes....

I just dont see the fun in sleeping at the bottom. yeah its a short hike to the top, but to be honest there are some herbals im looking for that only grow at those elevations, and not the rasta kind of herbals, lol.