Yak Peak, BC.

moosejah

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay first of all, genepires my response is kinda the same. Why would i tent behind my car, when there is a marvelous mountain and forest nearby? To be kept awake by the cars passing and the light of the street lamps? Thanks but if i came all the way to conquer such a marvelous mountain im pretty that if i can, ill sleep on it.

Thanks obwan ill definitely check out that book!

And Philonius, whats a rasta bivy kit? i have a really expensive bivy i got at 1/4 the price and a great sleeping bag.

[canned definitions]

Jah is the shortened name for God YHWH, and Jehovah. Most commonly used in the Rastafari movement.

Rasta is the shortened name for rastafari, a Black youth subculture and religious movement that arose in the ghettos of Kingston, Jamaica, in the 1950s; males grow hair in long dreadlocks and wear woolen caps; use marijuana and listen to reggae music.

[/canned definitions]

With the 'jah' in your name I guess it was assumed you know what a rasta bivy kit is.

okay wow.

first of all do you know how many times ive tried to use "moosejaw" as a name?? its taken.

Secondly. thanks for the tips. but you forgot to explain to me what a moose was as well..

just foes to show what happens when we assume something, is actually true.....cause assuming i meant to put the rastafari "jah" in my name for a particular reason would then lead to assuming i put it after moose for a particular reason as well....but for some reason to me, moose/rastafari jehovah just doesnt really add up.....

so i think the proper approach would not to get super egotistical and start teaching me the err of MY ways.

but thanks for sharing your opinion...i guess thats why we live in a free country, i am reminded though every once in a while, why people in other countries look at us like ignorant fools.

okay wow.

first of all do you know how many times ive tried to use "moosejaw" as a name?? its taken.

Secondly. thanks for the tips. but you forgot to explain to me what a moose was as well..

just foes to show what happens when we assume something, is actually true.....cause assuming i meant to put the rastafari "jah" in my name for a particular reason would then lead to assuming i put it after moose for a particular reason as well....but for some reason to me, moose/rastafari jehovah just doesnt really add up.....

so i think the proper approach would not to get super egotistical and start teaching me the err of MY ways.

but thanks for sharing your opinion...i guess thats why we live in a free country, i am reminded though every once in a while, why people in other countries look at us like ignorant fools.

*hands moosejah flamesuit*

I better step it up in my thread to take some off you.

it was a simple enough and innocent question, all i wanted to know was if people had advice for yaks peak, and i expect the same kind of answer simple and innocent..im not sure why i need a flamesuit, but thanks for the consideration, ill take it if not just because it would look sweet! lol

I've been to the needle in November, it was a good hike and a great view of yak peak.

To be honest, yours is a trivial question if you're asking for travel in summer conditions. On the other hand, it could be impossible to hike up in winter. What time are you going? I would guess camping on the top is possible if weather is good, obviously not if any storm is possible.

If winter, what you want is a trip report with recent conditions in the area and a backup plan (needle is good) if it fails. It will be a good trip.

I was wondering if anyone has climbed Yak peak, and if i could get any tips, or info, what to pack to the top, if theres any places to pitch a tent over night....if i even should pitch a tent over night...or anything else helpful?

Thanks!

OK i'll bite on this possible troll thread

bring all normal camping gear

plenty of flat places on top

you should pitch a tent overnight cause you want to

take a nice trail up to the top. in teh summer

4 posts and this moosejaw is in steep competition for the a-hole award.

4 posts and this moosejaw is in steep competition for the a-hole award.

not even close. MarmotPrince is Rainier to moosejah's rubble pile.

edit: by the way, you people are pretty paranoid with those troll thing. You see trolls everywhere. I'm thinking considering the low level of dialogue you offer and your lack of reason for being here, maybe you are projecting a little too much,

Edited by Marmot Prince

Why do i get an a-hole award????

And how is this a troll thread??

i just want to know what yak is like on top and how fast storms roll in up there??

i plan on going in april as that is when i get a break from my studies..

im still a little confused as to why i am getting nominated for a a-hole award.

Why do i get an a-hole award????

And how is this a troll thread??

im still a little confused as to why i am getting nominated for a a-hole award.

Because a vocal minority of people on this board love their e-authority a little too much and seem to think their tenure on this forum gives them the right to make assumptions about newcomers, when the opposite is the case.

moosejah, you'll be all right. Someone like Dru/G-spotter or someone else who lives up your way/has been on Yak Peak will eventually see this and chime in with useful beta.

Marmot Prince, OTOH, still bears watching... That's right, MP, I'm still watching you. Watching... always watching... ;)

moosejah,

Until someone comes along that actually answers your questions, try the Search function on this board. Select "All Forums" for which forums to search, enter "Yak" in the Keyword Search Terms box, select the "in subject" toggle, leave the Display Name Search box blank, and select "Newer than 10 Years" in the Date Range section, then hit the Submit button. I just did that and got 10 pages of hits, which will probably reduce down to about a half dozen or more trip reports. I scanned a few of them and there are some pretty good reports there that might help you out. Different routes, descent recommendations, best season to climb, don't drink the coffee from the little shop at the base, etc. Good luck.