FS: MH Ghost -40 sleeping bag

scottb

This is a repost from another thread but I thought I'd give this sleeping bag one more shot here before sacrificing it to the ebay gods.

Sleeping bag is a Mountain Hardwear Ghost SL -40, long, left zip. Used on one 17-day trip. Like-new condition.

Asking $450. Includes compression sack, mesh storage sack and shipping.

email osbecker at hotmail dot com for pics. Otherwise posting here or PM works.

Thanks for looking.

scott

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider the timing of your sale. This is a very specialized bag that is only useful in a few places. If you don't need the storage space and are not in immediate need of cash, can you wait to post the bag in advance of the appropriate climbing seasons where it would be needed? I'm thinking:

- post-monsoon Himalayan season (trips are usually in August, so try to sell in June & July)

- austral summer Vinson season (trips are usually in December, so try to sell in October & November)

- early season Denali (trips are in April, so try to sell in February & March). A -40 might even be more than needed for April on Denali, but some people like to overdo it)

- pre-Monsoon Himalayan season (trips leave in late March/April, so try to sell in January or February).

Keep in mind that other than Denali, climbers going to these destinations don't typically do their gear shopping on this website. There might be a similar online marketplace expressly for high altitude mountaineering (what happens to all those down suits that get used once on Everest, for example?), so look around.