You guys suck

mattp

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I contribute to the spray, but that's the way all threads go, in due time. Once the principal ideas are covered, well, it's all downhill from there, it's a way of moving on perhaps. Fuck, look at this thread, don't tell me you're (mattp) so neive that you did not see this coming, c'mon! Like the 'I've been Humbled' thread, Ya things fizzled out, but an effort was made to get it over to 'Spray' at that time.

If they are the little one-liners you're worried about, then skim past them, it takes a fraction of a second. Or is it just the principle of the matter, perhaps upsetting the 'flow' for all the literary scholars out there. It's not like we need coles notes to get through the posts here.

Take a deep breath mattp, and get over it.

[Razz][Razz]

FreeClimb9, You're a long ways from the PNW climbing community to be criticizing MattP as a whiner. You probably have very little idea of how well respected he is around here. Stop jumping on the caveman bandwagon and listen to what the man has to say, it can only improve this board.

Caveman, you contribute nothing, the fact that you know MattP somewhat legitimizes your criticisms, but the past two days you've come across like a snivling little boy. "Wah, erik wants to kick me off the board" "Wah, MattP started iiiittttt." Sounds like fence sitter's rubbing off on you.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Hey matt last time I checked you began the name calling. Get over it! It's not the end of the world. All the moderators have to do is erase it.

Ray, I said you were being an idiot. I think you rachet it up a little bit when you call me a prick. Should I respond and call you a fucking asshole so you can fire back that I ought to gargle butt gravy if I don't like it?

You are right. It is not the end of the world. And the moderators could erase it. But wouldn't you then call them brown-shirt nazis and make some suggestion that they kiss your ass if they don't like it?

I direct this post to you, Ray, because you actually replied to my argument. But I have asked all of the sprayers if they can think of a reason why everyone needs to read through all their bullshit to find something substantive. Other than the fact that you guys CAN fire off a quip in ten seconds and maybe three posts later you can claim "page top," is there some reason you SHOULD?

quote:

Originally posted by E-rock:

FreeClimb9, You're a long ways from the PNW climbing community to be criticizing MattP as a whiner. You probably have very little idea of how well respected he is around here. Stop jumping on the caveman bandwagon and listen to what the man has to say, it can only improve this board.

Caveman, you contribute nothing, the fact that you know MattP somewhat legitimizes your criticisms, but the past two days you've come across like a snivling little boy. "Wah, erik wants to kick me off the board" "Wah, MattP started iiiittttt." Sounds like fence sitter's rubbing off on you.

Anyone that posts on this thread complaining is a whiner [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Hey matt last time I checked you began the name calling. Get over it! It's not the end of the world. All the moderators have to do is erase it.

Ray, I said you were being an idiot. I think you rachet it up a little bit when you call me a prick. Should I respond and call you a fucking asshole so you can fire back that I ought to gargle butt gravy if I don't like it?

You are right. It is not the end of the world. And the moderators could erase it. But wouldn't you then call them brown-shirt nazis and make some suggestion that they kiss your ass if they don't like it?

I direct this post to you, Ray, because you actually replied to my argument. But I have asked all of the sprayers if they can think of a reason why everyone needs to read through all their bullshit to find something substantive. Other than the fact that you guys CAN fire off a quip in ten seconds and maybe three posts later you can claim "page top," is there some reason you SHOULD?

[sleep]

ERock -

Thanks for the support and thanks for the compliment. But whether I am a "well respected" climber or not (and I should say that the degree of respect that I have garnered depends on who you talk to), is immaterial. I believe this is "cascadeclimbers.com" and not "respectedclimbers.com" and I like to hear from beginners and experts both.

It is my belief that, while Chips is right that one can scroll through the garbage to find the substantive posts, it is annoying. Sure, the jokes contribute to the amusement factor and nobody wants to see this site become sterile (well most of us don't), but it is a question of balance. And when five or six guys turn every single thread into nonstop banter, the site is out of balance.

Matt

quote:

Originally posted by E-rock:

You probably have very little idea of how well respected he is around here.

What does this mean. Respect for what?? I think you should elaborate on this one. [Confused]

Wait, MattP just came in, he's shying away from the compliment, with a solid point I might add.

[ 11-08-2002, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Chips ]

Back in the day the Spray forum was created to prevent the degradation of legitimate posts that might have the chance of starting a substantive discussion. This discussion board has a history of self regulating, and I'm with Matt on this one. Mike wrote a well thought out and well written post. Have some class and leave the crap out of it. If it was some random bitch like "Muir on Saturday" or a "I'm going to Banks Lake because there's two inches of ice" kind've post...that's another story. You guys do whatever you want, but if you get called out don't cry about it. [Roll Eyes]

Consider SPRAY to be like the equivelent of BUSHWACKING, Ya, it's like cyber-bushwacking, it can get on your nerves, sometimes you can deal with, sometimes you can't, it's in your face at times, but it is quite often expected. It can take you off course much of the time, but stay vigilant mattp, you'll always get through it, I think? [big Grin]

[ 11-08-2002, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Chips ]

I'll post to back up Mattp, E-Rock, Erik, Figger Eight, and Ehmic. Also it sorta looks like Trask and GregW understand the message.

Is every thread a fire-hydrant that needs to be pissed on to mark your territory? People still know you're here by reading your nonstop witty banter on the other 50 threads in the todays posts page. Pissing on the one remaining unsoiled thread reminds me mostly of

"Look at me!! Look at me!! Looooooook at meeeeeeee, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!!!"

Some people aren't interested in you. Get over it. Why do you need to go out of your way to tease them?

Edited to include more names this post is backing up.

[ 11-08-2002, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: chucK ]