You guys suck

mattp

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

...I like to hear from beginners and experts both.

...one can scroll through the garbage to find the substantive posts, it is annoying...

I agree with MattP. I know several climbers (with a range of experience) that won't even read, much less post, here because of all the spray in the "important" threads. Most people don't want to have to skim over the spray. IMHO we're losing a vaulable resource, i.e. other climbers. Afterall, isn't that what we want, input/opinions from other climbers? Aren't there enough threads under the spray catagory to keep you fools entertained all day?

[Confused]

-Dustin

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I agree with MattP. I know several climbers (with a range of experience) that won't even read, much less post, here because of all the spray in the "important" threads

wah wah wah! go to summit post... seriously this is a website for people to have fun on and releive some stress(and mabe get a lil beta along the way)... just chill adn enjoy the rest of the day...s'all good man... [Wazzup]

What's really amazing is there are 54 guests right now and about 6 wankers posting things. Some boards control spray with a user rating, where other readers rank a person's posts as informative or offtopic. That seems a little too structured for this lot, but it can cut down on too much trash (of which I will certainly admit to contributing).

Ha ha! You guys are slooooooooowww [Moon]

quote:

I even started to write an angry post about it. But then I realized that it’s like blaming the puppy for peeing on the carpet – the board is how the board is, and once past the tipping point, there’s no bringing it back, so you might as well go with the flow.

Puppy peeing -> go with the flow [laf] nice one Forest.

So you're saying just wallow in the piss?

I aborted an early shot at writing an angry post. Then I thought, what the heck, might as well let these fellers know that some people don't enjoy every single thread being pee'd on.

I say if you wanna change things around here, you can work on two things

1) Post good shit. We are all the content of this board.

2) If excess or misplaced spray is pissing you off, let it be known with a short message. The more you reply and/or rant, the more you are contributing to what's bugging you. A short message (perhaps even placed on a more appropriate forum) lets people know how you feel. You never know, some people might actually respect your request.

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

Some boards control spray with a user rating, where other readers rank a person's posts as informative or offtopic.

iain that's a really great point, but the problem is that so many people have avatars and stuff like that. how would you deal with those morons? [Confused]

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Chips:

I think a lot of the time it isn't just the thread material, it's the popularity of the thread itself that attracts the spray. They see that a thread is getting some attention, and in turn, everyone will read their remarks by default of checking out the popular thread.

You think that's it Chips? You think it's all "Look at MEEEEEE!!!!"

The "popular" thing doesn't really hold up in the "Round 1" thread. That thing started early, didn't fill a page 'till about 4pm. Then even with the spray avalanche it didn't get past two pages.

quote:

The "maybe" and "little" is what I'm referring too.

seriously, would you like this site to be only beta? hwo often would you check in? mabe once a month? you come back for the shit stirrin debates and to hear the pious ramblings of the great chicken f'er TRASK... like i said before...if all you want is beta try summit post or bivouac... [Roll Eyes] there is a reason there are 3,000+ people on this site...its called fun...(oh and avatars [big Grin] )... [big Drink]

I said "a lot of times.."

You know, sometimes it would help if you read the information a little closer sometimes.

Yes, I read "round 1" and found it interesting and somewhat insightful, I have been on intra continental climbing trips and have some stories and lessons of my own. You don't see my avatar on that thread do you?

There are SPRAYERS = only spray

There are also people who mix it up with helpful ideas, comments, suggestions, beta, opinions, questions, and spray.....in fact, I bet that pretty much sums up most users in the forum.

I am not talking about the poster of the round 1 thread wanting folks to "LOOK at MEEE", it's the sprayers who seek out the popular threads

Now get your head outta yer [Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Chips:

I said "a lot of times.."

You know, sometimes it would help if you read the information a little closer sometimes.

Yes, I read "round 1" and found it interesting and somewhat insightful, I have been on intra continental climbing trips and have some stories and lessons of my own. You don't see my avatar on that thread do you?

There are SPRAYERS = only spray

There are also people who mix it up with helpful ideas, comments, suggestions, beta, opinions, questions, and spray.....in fact, I bet that pretty much sums up most users in the forum.

I am not talking about the poster of the round 1 thread wanting folks to "LOOK at MEEE", it's the sprayers who seek out the popular threads

Now get your head outta yer
[Moon]

Dude, what's up yer [Moon] ? I have no idea of what point you are trying to make. And I have no idea of what is pissing you off about what I wrote. Oh well. [Wazzup][Confused]

Just illustrating the point that MIS-COMMUNICATION can lead to many problems and help perpetuate spray, like what I just did to Chuck, see how things can get de-railed quickly, along with attitudes.

sorry Chuck, it was whoever next quoted me, random spot. Thanks in advance for being a good sport. [big Grin]

[ 11-08-2002, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Chips ]

Seriously guys I just post here cuz i'm sorta stupid and uhh bored and stuff. If everybody said smart useful things I'd have, uhh... like only spray to look at but now that I think about it that's wehre most of the psts are anywayss...

[HORSECOCK][HORSECOCK][HORSECOCK][sNAFFLEHOUND][sNAFFLEHOUND][MR T][big Drink]

{edited out last line because it actually sounded like I meant it}

[ 11-08-2002, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: E-rock ]

I'm just posting to back up what chucK and mattp and others have said, and hope that others who feel the same way will step up and make their voice heard.

I have no problem with spray, which has its place - just not in the middle of every thread, with no regard whatsoever for nature of the topic. I hope the day will never come when someone shares their feelings about the aftermath of an accident or something of that nature with the other members of the board and someone's chiming in with stupid shit two posts later, but I'm starting to wonder.

[ 11-09-2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: JayB ]