mattp

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Fence Sitter:

quote:

I agree with MattP. I know several climbers (with a range of experience) that won't even read, much less post, here because of all the spray in the "important" threads

wah wah wah! go to summit post... seriously this is a website for people to have fun on and releive some stress(and mabe get a lil beta along the way)... just chill adn enjoy the rest of the day...s'all good man...
[Wazzup]
HOW DO YOU KNOW THE OWNERS WANT YOU TO ONLY HAVE FUN???

MAYBE THAT WAS NOT THEIR INTENT.....AND SINCE THE PEOPLE WHO OWNER THE BOARD HAVE BEEN ASKING THESE QUESTIONS...WOULDNT YOU TAKE A SECOND TO THINK THAT MAYBE YOU ARE WRONG???

AND YOU CAN HAVE FU NWITHOUT BEING A RUDE ASSHOLE...AND FEELING THE NEED TO RETORT TO EVERY LITTLE THING.....

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

there's a lot of stuff at smith I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to climb. That's one. Here's another:

-

Huh? You could do Chain if you wanted to, given that you put in some work. It's not even an endurance issue; it's like sending a boulder problem. Close Shave, however, would require you not to be bothered by five bolts in 60 feet. [Eek!] Looks like a swell route, though!

Bla...Bla...Bla...Bla...Bla...Bla...Bla...Bla...

Matt P, Hypocrite, look it up...

Try to find an internet forum that doesn't have useless spray peppered throughout. Not sure if you know but this websight has gone as far as alocating a place for this shit. It's actually called "Spray"

If you don't like it or want to participate then "see ya later" but don't step in front of an already moving freight train cuz you’ll get run over.

People enjoy beak'n off to each other, I look forward to Trasks spicy replies. It's fun.

So don’t' tell me you don't tune in for the same reason. I've seen your replies, YOU PARTICIPATE, like many of us. Know body likes a hypocrite.

If beta is what you seek, then ask away in the appropriate category and run the info through the sieve.

[Moon]

Guess I've never considered the thing seeing all those rail-thin guys heading up it and pitching off. A lot of those seem like serious strength:weight ratios required.

Well that and 5.11 remains daunting to this sport climber. [Wink] Guess I'll keep at it

quote:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THE OWNERS WANT YOU TO ONLY HAVE FUN???

MAYBE THAT WAS NOT THEIR INTENT.....AND SINCE THE PEOPLE WHO OWNER THE BOARD HAVE BEEN ASKING THESE QUESTIONS...WOULDNT YOU TAKE A SECOND TO THINK THAT MAYBE YOU ARE WRONG???

AND YOU CAN HAVE FU NWITHOUT BEING A RUDE ASSHOLE...AND FEELING THE NEED TO RETORT TO EVERY LITTLE THING.....

once again i am gonna have to take a swipe at your reading comprehension... i never said the only reason was for fun...did i? and erik...i thought we had made up [Frown] eh well man i got no hard feelin's but it certainly appears you do... mabe we can chat over beers... oh and i never purported to speak for the creators of the site rather the benefeit many cc.commers get out of teh site...if you look at the context it should become quite clear... buck up buddy! [big Drink]

[ 11-08-2002, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Fence Sitter ]

after careful consideration erik...i have decided you are right...the creators never wanted this site to be fun... [Roll Eyes]

climbing is inherintly fun man... 99% of climbers are a bunch of screw ups... you cant honestly expect teh shit not to hit the fan every once in a while... i agree that spray should be kept in spray, but damn man lighten up... [big Drink][Wazzup]

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoes:

Try to find an internet forum that doesn't have useless spray peppered throughout. Not sure if you know but this websight has gone as far as alocating a place for this shit. It's actually called "Spray"

are you really that fucking stupid?

mattp wasn't bitching about people flinging shit in 'spray', you jackass. we're all aware that 'spray' is for spraying. matt's complaints stemmed from excessive spraying in a legitimate topic outside of 'spray'.

quote:

If you don't like it or want to participate then "see ya later" but don't step in front of an already moving freight train cuz you’ll get run over.

a freight train of stupidity?

once again, you missed the whole fucking point. matt was talking about people fucking up countless, legitimate topics in other parts of the forum. he's not talking about 'spray'.

quote:

People enjoy beak'n off to each other, I look forward to Trasks spicy replies. It's fun.

great, i agree to an extent. trask and a lot of people here are funny sonsabitches, even outside of spray. some of the banter is quite witty and humorous. however, i agree with mattp - it gets old when it has to occur in almost every single thread, regardless of subject matter, especially when it derails a thread to the point that no one will post any more useful information.

quote:

So don’t' tell me you don't tune in for the same reason. I've seen your replies, YOU PARTICIPATE, like many of us. Know body likes a hypocrite.

there are plenty of reasons to 'tune' into this site and there exists a handful of forums/topic subjects to meet varying wants/needs. it's when people aren't smart enough to understand/respect this concept that shit gets out of hand and annoying. there's a time and place for just about everything. people need to be smart enough to understand this concept. participating is different than spray.

quote:

If beta is what you seek, then ask away in the appropriate category and run the info through the sieve.
[Moon]

you shouldn't anticipate having to pick through 30 posts of spray to find 6 posts of pertinent information in a beta topic. that's lame. if beta topics include that much spray, it's a pretty sad commentary on people and their lack of tact, self-restraint and intelligence.

you should feel free to spray like mad in 'spray', but for fuck's sake, please control it in other parts of the forum and exercise some restraint.

this forum can get somewhat weird in the fact that people get so frenzied over spraying and talking shit that they actually threaten each other. chill out. it's just the internet.

a good rule of thumb is that if you feel the urge to interject pointless, derailing spray into a legitimate thread for no other purpose than the self-amusment you get by seeing your printed words or a desire to cause problems, you should:

a. unplug your modem

b. grab a beer, or

c. go climb something

cheers,

quote:

Originally posted by offwidthclimber:

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoes:

are you really that fucking stupid?

mattp wasn't bitching about people flinging shit in 'spray', you jackass. we're all aware that 'spray' is for spraying. matt's complaints stemmed from excessive spraying in a legitimate topic outside of 'spray'.

quote:

a freight train of stupidity?

once again, you missed the whole fucking point. matt was talking about people fucking up countless, legitimate topics in other parts of the forum. he's not talking about 'spray'.

quote:

great, i agree to an extent. trask and a lot of people here are funny sonsabitches, even outside of spray. some of the banter is quite witty and humorous. however, i agree with mattp - it gets old when it has to occur in almost every single thread, regardless of subject matter, especially when it derails a thread to the point that no one will post any more useful information.

quote:

there are plenty of reasons to 'tune' into this site and there exists a handful of forums/topic subjects to meet varying wants/needs. it's when people aren't smart enough to understand/respect this concept that shit gets out of hand and annoying. there's a time and place for just about everything. people need to be smart enough to understand this concept. participating is different than spray.

quote:

[Moon]

you shouldn't anticipate having to pick through 30 posts of spray to find 6 posts of pertinent information in a beta topic. that's lame. if beta topics include that much spray, it's a pretty sad commentary on people and their lack of tact, self-restraint and intelligence.

you should feel free to spray like mad in 'spray', but for fuck's sake, please control it in other parts of the forum and exercise some restraint.

this forum can get somewhat weird in the fact that people get so frenzied over spraying and talking shit that they actually threaten each other. chill out. it's just the internet.

a good rule of thumb is that if you feel the urge to interject pointless, derailing spray into a legitimate thread for no other purpose than the self-amusment you get by seeing your printed words or a desire to cause problems, you should:

a. unplug your modem

b. grab a beer, or

c. go climb something

cheers,

DITTO! or something like that. Keep spray in spray and let those that want to have other forms on climbing read about climbing. It all has its place.

TTT [HORSECOCK][sNAFFLEHOUND]