You guys suck

mattp

quote:

Originally posted by Noway:

Interesting topic Mattp, I've thought of the same myself, but the entertainment value keeps me coming back. Some of these imbeciles are more interesting than Leykis or Stern.

Who are those guys?

Is there a hierarchy that I am not familiar with?

PS. P A G E T O P [big Grin]

[ 11-08-2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Chips ]

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

quote:

Originally posted by vegetablebelay:

Just because......

-

how about a response from the spelling police?

The Response Police maxed their budget in the first week of 2002; manpower has been on strike ever since due to no money for paychecks.

quote:

Originally posted by Figger Eight:

Back in the day the Spray forum was created to prevent the degradation of legitimate posts that might have the chance of starting a substantive discussion. This discussion board has a history of self regulating, and I'm with Matt on this one. Mike wrote a well thought out and well written post. Have some class and leave the crap out of it. If it was some random bitch like "Muir on Saturday" or a "I'm going to Banks Lake because there's two inches of ice" kind've post...that's another story. You guys do whatever you want, but if you get called out don't cry about it.
[Roll Eyes]

I feel the banks lake discussion was a valid and pertinant discussion regarding the topic of early season ice. The whole thread started with people saying they were there and there was climbable ice, so I thought hey, that sounds like fun. Little did I know people would be all up in my bid-ness about it.

This leads me to my point, it seems that what ever the conversation some here have to jump in just to contradict or admonish other climbers for the sake of being a prick. But I don't really care as I will climb where ever I like and if you don't like you can all fuck off.

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

This leads me to my point, it seems that what ever the conversation some here have to jump in just to contradict or admonish other climbers for the sake of being a prick. But I don't really care as I will climb where ever I like and if you don't like you can all fuck off.

Opinions are like assholes, Colonel, everybody has one. On a thread like the banks lake one, you are bound to get varying opinions on when is too early, when is "in", etc. It's part of the forum.

Greg W

From http://www.CarbonadoCarbines.com

I feel the Mowich Lake Road discussion was a valid and pertinant discussion regarding the topic of nightime target shooting. The whole thread started with people saying they were there and there was all sorts of cool shit to shoot and destroy, so I thought hey, that sounds like fun. Little did I know people would be all up in my bid-ness about it.

This leads me to my point, it seems that what ever the conversation some here have to jump in just to contradict or admonish other sportsmen for the sake of being a prick. But I don't really care as I will shoot at what ever I like and if you don't like you can all fuck off.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

Opinions are like assholes, Colonel, everybody has one. On a thread like the banks lake one, you are bound to get varying opinions on when is too early, when is "in", etc. It's part of the forum.

Greg W

Very true greg, but my point is that some will jump in just to talk shit for the sake of talkin' shit, not because they have a valid point. I am willing to take advice, criticism, contradiction etc. but what irks me is a trend where someone will criticize the validity or merit of a climb/route/activity, with no valid reasoning or sugestions for alternate routes. Here I am not referring to the banks lake thread, but others where i have followed this trend.

matt – I have to admit, my first reaction to what happened to Round 1 was the same as yours. Great, thread, thoughtful responses. Then, once the spray started, it was like a dam breaking, and I thought, “well, there goes that thread…” I even started to write an angry post about it. But then I realized that it’s like blaming the puppy for peeing on the carpet – the board is how the board is, and once past the tipping point, there’s no bringing it back, so you might as well go with the flow.

I do think it is really interesting how for most of yesterday, the thread was left alone, but then suddenly, once it became “safe for spray,” it quickly filled a second page. Was this an example of the “self-moderation” that Tim was posting about a few days ago? What caused it to end? Just that noone had added to the thread in several hours? I think we would probably all agree that a moderated “spray-free zone” would be ridiculous. When chuck tried to protest, he was slapped down by the sprayers, so it seems like it was voluntary respect for the discussion, not outside moderation, that kept the thread serious for as long as it did. I was sorry to see the thread take the turn it did, but is there really any solution?

Forrest -

You are right that suggesting restraint on this board may be somewhat akin to trying to herd cats. But I sincerly wish that, even if they aren't going to let me steer them all in the same direction, some of these cats would learn to use a litter box. What can one do? I don't know. But I'm not quite ready to just throw up my hands and say "oh well, that's just the way it is."

[ 11-08-2002, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: mattp ]