• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
sobo

RIP Phydeaux

This afternoon Phydeaux, my Pirate Kitteh and best buddy, set his sails and cast off on his final voyage, then disappeared over the horizon and into another realm. Any suffering he may have felt is over and he is free of pain now. And I will truly miss him.

For the past 10+ years this little guy was the best friend an old fart like me could have had. Always there waiting for me after returning from a weekend climbing jaunt with a hearty meow and a "WhereTF you been?", or sleeping on the down comforter on my bed while I was off visiting my kids, or after he went fully blind, walking across my head in the middle of the night trying to find "the warm spot" where he had just been sleeping...

He was never one to make a fuss, and never asked for more than a bowl of Iams, a warm lap whilst I sprayed here, or a place by the fire on the sheepskin rug. For a long time I thought his predecessor, Trango, was the World's Best Cat, but Phydeaux showed me a thing or two about tolerance, mellowness, and unconditional love that Trango never did, or maybe just couldn't.

To my friend Phydeaux, and to nine lives well lived. I'll look for you on the other side, little buddy. :brew:

Phydeaux_out_back.jpg

Thanks, chirp.

I had my little buddy longer than I had my marriage. Go figure, huh?

damn dude, when you plan on catching a break?

as george carlin said, unless you're 90 and getting a tortoise, purchasing a pet is purchasing a small tragedy. i'm still angry at my last 2 cats for forcing me to boot them after totally melting down after we had kids and destroying my house w/ their piss n' shit...

i've a lovely and friendly ball python that was given to me but that my kids quickly soured on if you'd like to fill the void :)

Billy,

Thanks, man. He really was the coolest cat ever.

ivan,

Thanks, but I think I'll go petless for a while...

ahh damn -- i'm so sorry to hear it. :brew: to Phydeaux -- the cat with best name ever.

I'm really sorry to hear it Sobo, here's to Phydeaux and cat people in general :brew: I know how you're feeling.

On the bright side, this means that now you can get some kittens! A friend of mine just fostered a new mom cat from the shelter while the kittens grew, then she kept two of them (pick of the litter) and the others and their mom got swiftly adopted on the basis of the glowing reviews she wrote of them. This is my plan for the next time a position opens up in my household.

Oh, Sobo! Just saw this. So, so sorry, my friend. Having gone through this twice in the past few months, I know there really are no words. My heart hurts for you. Phydeaux was an awesome cat. A lucky one to have you love him and take such good care of him. Hugs and more hugs. :kisss:

Sobo, so sorry to hear that. I know how it feels. We put our cat (Marcelo) down a couple of month ago. My wife has had him for 19 years and lived in 4 different states with him. We buried him in the back yard and planted plants over him.

...We buried him in the back yard and planted plants over him.

As did I. Other than the memories, this is all that remains of the coolest cat ever.

The only picture I have of him is the one in the OP. Should have taken more pictures... :(

DSCN0795.JPG

too early for catnip? :)
Morning Glory, I think. I have no idea; the ex planted it years ago.

It thins out in the winter and comes back really thick every year.

Thanks again for the continued notes of sympathy. I'm finding that I really miss that old cat... :(

Shal

OW

E-rock

Mel

'bone

Bala

I so wish they could stay with us longer.

Thank you for taking such good care of Phydeaux.

I hope you find some peace knowing how much he cherished YOUR friendship.