Ranger shot at Mt Rainier NP - not good

elaine

you're telling me that theres a good reason to own a semi automatic assault rifle style shotgun with a detachable box magazine? You can't shoot skeet or hunt anything with them as the barrel is too short to pattern well or have a good swing, and you can only have 3 rounds in the gun anyway. totally pointless, unless you're going to kill people.

google "3 gun competition" and you will see one of the legitimate reasons. This is American though and you shouldn't need a reason.

No one mentions his gang tats either.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is American though and you shouldn't need a reason.

Word. It sucks what happened to the Ranger, and my condolences go out to her family and loved ones. As a veteran and gun owner this had nothing to do with guns or being a veteran and everything to do with this guy being off his rocker.

This is American though and you shouldn't need a reason.

Word. It sucks what happened to the Ranger, and my condolences go out to her family and loved ones. As a veteran and gun owner this had nothing to do with guns or being a veteran and everything to do with this guy being off his rocker.

:tup::tup:

So I hate to interrupt the gun and PTSD debate here but I wanted to give a bit of an update.

Things are moving along to get a slideshow benefit going to benefit the family of the fallen ranger, as well as show support for the Mt. Rainier staff. We so far have two great organizations on board and two great presenters (we are talking big baller here). There should be more info on this in the next week. One thing I want to make clear is that this event is being born out of the climbing community, but we are trying to attract a broader audience to raise more funds. With that in mind we are going to be using the Facebooks to get the word out on this, so we'd really appreciate you "liking" posts and making comments.

We're also hoping to have some sort of SausageFest announcement here soon, too.

Jon,

I'm glad to hear that something is progressing with a slideshow fundraiser for the family of the ranger. Is the event going to be in the Seattle area I assume? If so, how can the Portland and / Oregon community contribute? Will there be a way for us to send donations? To the WCC maybe?

Many thanks!

Kellie Rice

I just posted a poll on Facebook as to location. Tacoma clearly has a strong connection to the mountain and if having it in Tacoma means people from Portland are more likely to come up, and people from Seattle are willing to travel, then we'll consider that option. There is also the possibility of maybe having a smaller event in Tacoma as well. I have to be honest someone else is doing all the heavy lifting on this right now, and I think they'll have something to say here pretty soon when we have the families blessing and presenter solidified.

I believe there is already a fund setup at Key Bank for the family, the info is somewhere here on this thread.

I believe there is already a fund setup at Key Bank for the family, the info is somewhere here on this thread.

Although not easy to find the first time skimming through the thread, here it is, elaine:

For those interested in contributing directly to Ranger Anderson's surviving husband and two young daughters, here is a link to information about how to do so.