Ranger shot at Mt Rainier NP - not good

elaine

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible...

The ranger is a mother of 2 leaving behind a 4 and a 2 year old. My condolences go out to her family :(

As for the shooter, if they don't apprehend him I hope he freezes and dies out in the woods. Though I am curious behind his course of action...

Edited by Oliver Klozhoff

This is so upsetting. I just don't understand certain things and why people do what they do. My thoughts go out to family, friends, and fellow rangers. Cold finger sounds like your a ranger. Stay safe out there man. I would have thought being a ranger would be the safest enforcement job out there. But with crazy fucks like this guy you can never be to safe.

To those on the hunt for this guy stay safe and steady your shot.

Terrible way to start the year.

Very sad.

Pretty sad way to start out the New Year - check out www.seattlepi.com for more info. Sounds like he's wounded another 4 people seriously before heading up to Longmire. If the SWAT teams don't get him - let's hope he suffers a slow death of hypothermia. Condolences to those families involved.

Tragic. Simply tragic, what has happened to this young family.

I hope the NPS, WSP, and/or FBI find this guy and just shoot him dead in the snow for the mangy curr that he is. Or that he dies a slow, painful death from hypothermia. Either way, save us all a chunk o'change for his upkeep for the next 50 years...

I don't think it unlikely that they'll shoot him dead. Personally, I don't share the desire to see this guy shot like an animal, though.

Me either. I called him an "SOB" above, but these kinds of situations aren't just somebody behaving badly.. it's a person experiencing a moment of crisis. Put 2 through his chest and 1 in his head, if necessary to save lives, and it probably will be, when all is said and done... but I'd rather see him taken alive.

Damn, this is NOT the kind of hazard one expects to face in the wilderness.

This is so sad, and to be honest it's kind of freaky, since I had planned to go camping at Rainier this weekend with my 7-year old daughter. Instead we opted to camp in the Alpental Valley again. I guess we would have missed this situation by about 12 hours either way, but damn, this kinda rattles the cage a bit. And I thought Friday night's sleet storm was annoying! At least there was no one shooting at us!

This is so sad. Ranger Margaret Anderson's two kids are ages 4 and 1. May she Rest in Peace.

To the rangers and other brave law enforcement people tracking down this maniac: Good hunting, and be careful.

From the latest reports, it sounds like the guy left a lot of his gear in the car, and he's been walking in streams in an effort to hide his tracks. Maybe the mountain will take care of this guy before he can kill more people.

I don't think it unlikely that they'll shoot him dead. Personally, I don't share the desire to see this guy shot like an animal, though.

I agree I think they should shoot him like a human who took the life of a mother of two.

This could be a knee jerk reaction though. It does suck the huge toll one man can make for so many. From loss of life to wasted tax dollars. Does our current system work when dealing with these people or does it allow the wound to keep bleeding?

RIP Ranger Anderson. What a tragedy. Alex, a fund for her kids is an excellent idea. IMHO we should contribute it as "the climbing community". This would have the added benefit of sending a good message to the surviving rangers and others.

Clearly, justice needs to be served, but I think there are two lives lost here. We don't have the full story, but this young man apparently served our country in Iraq, suffered PTSD and depression as a result, and probably was not given the medical care he needed to safely re-enter society. If our government fails thousands of vets in this way is it surprising that a number of them commit suicide and some snap and commit horrible crimes? I hope someone will take a hard look at the VA. There's much more to the other side of this story than we've been told.