Moving to Seattle advice

duckfeet

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like living in your car find a place on the East side, if you like time for living live in Seattle.It takes very little time to drive to the mountains on your days off. Also, find a place that is West facing,more light[evenings]warmer and drier. East facing neighborhoods tend to be moss farms.

the women are fatter on the East Side, and disease and bad taste are pretty rampant. On the East Side of the mountains it only gets worse. the people over there like to "keep it in the family", but if you're from Montana you'll be used to that. I suggest finding a easily defensible position, high in elevation that drains well, but includes a good escape route. You may need to buy a boat. In the event of volcano eruption or major earth quake have 6 months of food stored up. Supply chains are key, so easy access to Harbor Island is good, be sure you have plenty of tillable land to grow and a potable water source.

And that's where Wenatchee shines: Walmart for all your 'fading back' supplies. Next to KFC, too, and they often have an all you can eat bucket deal, but you'll need to habla espanol to negotiate a place in line when that's on. Not as many taco trucks as Yakima, and crack is more expensive, but that's what you get when you want to shorten your commute.

Where's your Walmart Issaquah? Oh wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ONE. Your quarry-townhouse-skyline rocks, though.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

One thing you've got to know about Washington: shooting your own moose is not as appreciated here as up there. It might be because there are none, so if you've shot something big on the Eastside, you may have just ruined $20,000 worth of post-child rearing plastic appliance. That's not going to win you many friends at the next Neighborhood Watch meeting.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

+1 for Snohomish. If you're gonna live away from Seattle to be close to climbing, snoho is way better than Issaquah.

I have a house for rent there, pm me. :) Snohomish -- as close as you can get to Index without having toothless neighbors.

this is some tame words for spray.

Isn't snohomish county kinda far from the hospital?

And I live in monroe so I must be missing some teeth.

I worked in Everett for 10 years. Now, I like black Reeboks and wife-beaters as much as the next registered sex offender, but the last day I was there I remember standing in an auto parts store line behind a guy with an enormous boil on his (bare) shoulder. The thing might have even had a face on it, but the axle grease smear made it hard to tell.

I sang all the way back to Seattle.

To start, get a map and look for a rental fairly close to you work. Don't sign a long term lease unless you have too, and in your free time look around for a neighborhood which fits what YOU want out of life.

For us in Oregon, my wife works 3 blocks from our home and is a pretty happy camper, while I get the F**ing sucky 25 min commute. although I got it in 15-18 min today and am writing to my senators suggesting that Christmas holiday be extended. For a couple of years.

The commute through the traffic to the mountains on a Saturday or Sunday at 5 to 6 am is remarkably good, and only a couple days a week for a person with a regular job. Whereas a 5 day commute of 3 blocks to work will make you smile everyday. By spring, you should have any potential after work spots triangulated with your job to get a good location- FOR YOU.

One thing you've got to know about Washington: shooting your own moose is not as appreciated here as up there. It might be because there are none, so if you've shot something big on the Eastside, you may have just ruined $20,000 worth of post-child rearing plastic appliance. That's not going to win you many friends at the next Neighborhood Watch meeting.

LOL! Great advice.

I worked in Everett for 10 years. Now, I like black Reeboks and wife-beaters as much as the next registered sex offender, but the last day I was there I remember standing in an auto parts store line behind a guy with an enormous boil on his (bare) shoulder. The thing might have even had a face on it, but the axle grease smear made it hard to tell.

I sang all the way back to Seattle.

Have you seen that Youtube video of the guy draining this enormous boil? Man, that was really satisfying to watch. It just kept on giving! First the girl lances it, and then the custard just keeps on coming. Just when you think its done, it produces another pint!