[TR] - Bingo World WI 6+ 12/22/2011

Craig Pope

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah saw this clip at the icefest. super proud. does bingo world get fatter (like WI5) later in the season? I'd love to give it a go but looking at it a couple days later I couldn't help but notice it's only 12 in in diameter at the bottom. even leading it with screws I wouldn't trust one until 50 feet where it fattens up to a whole 4 feet wide...

It never gets easier than 6. Later in fbe season the bottom diameter might swell to 2-3 in a good year, and the bulk of the icicle may fatten quicker resulting in less hooks, and more delicate sticks. The climbing becomes less technical, but steeper due to the way curtains form over each other. In regard to screw placements, I would under no circumstance place a screw until at least 5 ft higher than where the ice adheres to the rock. Last year I saw it break off at the lip of cave, and oh man!!

If it gets to be 18 inches in diameter at the base, get after it!!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just hiked up into flanders for a look-see this morning. Champagne should be climbable really soon. There's ice forming up nicely on big sleep and the killer pillar is beginning to form. I couldn't see anything on bobo like. Pretty damn good for temps hanging around the 50's in town for the last couple weeks, this year is shaping up to be really good!

Just hiked up into flanders for a look-see this morning. Champagne should be climbable really soon. There's ice forming up nicely on big sleep and the killer pillar is beginning to form. I couldn't see anything on bobo like. Pretty damn good for temps hanging around the 50's in town for the last couple weeks, this year is shaping up to be really good!

Hey man, if you can keep the conditions updates coming. Thinking about heading out there in a couple weeks.

Sure, I'll post a conditions thread after the next time I go up. Gonna be going into the beartooths in two weeks and I have to fill the freezer next weekend. It's my guess in the meantime that the drive won't be worth it until at least the second weekend in November. There'll be stuff in before that but probably thin and sketchy.

Sure, I'll post a conditions thread after the next time I go up. Gonna be going into the beartooths in two weeks and I have to fill the freezer next weekend. It's my guess in the meantime that the drive won't be worth it until at least the second weekend in November. There'll be stuff in before that but probably thin and sketchy.

Thanks. I've been keeping an eye on montanaice.com too, looks like twin falls is starting to form up as well. My potential dates are 11/8-12, so still a few weeks out.

What are you planning to do in the beartooths? Ice dragons? Funeral for a friend?

heading in to the funeral for a friend area with a rack of pins and double ropes. got some lines that look like they might be good, I guess we'll find out.

Fingers crossed that the ice'll be good. I think most of the formations are caused by spring water seeping out of the cliffs. Seems like springs would be less reliant on rainfall, but what do I know.

millie creek fire burned up the drainage by storm castle. It's over the ridge to the west of hyalite. Hyalite was closed for a few weeks because they were using the reservoir to pick up water for the fire bombers and they didn't want to kill any SUPers by scooping them up and dropping them onto a inferno.

Snow forecasted all week, it's cold. Winter is coming.