Rainier in May?

Theodore

The changes I was thinking of would be something more along the lines of wanting to do Gib Ledges, seeing it's out of condition when recon-ing above Muir, then deciding to do Ingrahm Dir. instead.

But, like you said, chances are there would be a ranger at Muir to speak with.

If that's all you're talking about, then yeah, it should be easy to just walk on over and talk to a ranger and they can log the change for you so you're all good. Enjoy your trip, and write a TR and post it here when you're done. We're always stoked to hear first-timer's impressions of "our" mountains. And take lots of pics... :)

Oh, and I get the :pagetop: W00t-w00t, that's two already this morning!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my partner and I were up to Muir to climb the ledges route last June 4th we thought we might want to camp an extra night (unscheduled). I went up to the hut and the Rangers were very accommodating, NP he says, just stay over if ya want. It was pretty busy at Muir too. Lot's o people doing the DC...

We ended up climbing the ledges in the dark (left Muir at 0100) so didn't get any pics which I regret cuz there were some really nice hero shots on that route then... The old memory will have to be good enough.

Last year was a pretty exceptional snow year, this year may not be so the ledges route will be quite different I suspect.

good luck

d