Lake Angeles Cirque?

JeffreyR

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that picture is just from the ice climbing up there and not the long snow/ice route listed in the book. There is some decent ice that forms up there near the lake most years for some ok single pitch cragging (except for the long approach and short days when its in). I think that picture you linked to is of someone on the ice flow to the far right of this pic from the same person: Lake Angeles Cirque

I've never heard of someone climbing the 1200 ft. line recently but it shouldn't be hard to climb something up to the ridge, lots of options. I would guess most people humping ice gear up there go for the shorter but harder ice flows instead of steep snow. Also might be pretty dry this year so maybe not enough snow right now?

Ice climbing could be cool though without the snowpack, post pics if you go up there!

I somehow forgot my camera but have some footage of the cirque from my head cam. Here is a link to footage.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100172206458943&saved#!/photo.php?v=10100172202067743&set=vb.27204921&type=2&permPage=1

and a close up of one of the moderate ice lines.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100172206458943&saved#!/photo.php?v=10100172206458943&set=vb.27204921&type=2&permPage=1

There is a another moderate line in the center of the cirque, looks like WI3 also, it looks like there is no decent, you would have to build an anchor and rap.

Edited by cdmike112