[TR] Lane Peak - Lover's Lane 12/17/2011

KaskadskyjKozak

Trip: Lane Peak - Lover's Lane

Date: 12/17/2011

Trip Report:

JayB and I climbed Lane Peak today. With the warmish temps, the route was a bit of a snow slog with a few sections that were firmer. Specifically, Lover's Lane had a couple, short icy sections - one very low and one with an awkward move around a boulder near the top. After the rap into the Zipper, we encountered one short ice section.

We topped the couloir around 2:15 and opted to bask in the sun a bit and head down rather than tag the summit. We got to the car at dusk, in plenty of time to exit the gate at Longmire before it closes as 6.

We simulclimbed the entire route, placing some pro en route (mostly in Lover's Lane).

Cheers to JayB for finally getting out on a climb together! :brew:

JayB headed up to the entrance to Lover's Lane:

P1010400.JPG

More than half way up the couloir:

P1010407.JPG

Party ahead of us in the upper Zipper:

P10104091.JPG

A short bit of ice in the Zipper after the rap:

P1010411.JPG

Tatoosh views:

P1010418.JPG

Gear Notes:

Piolet, 2nd tool, a couple pickets, a couple screws, small alpine rack.

Approach Notes:

Snowshoes.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful day in the mountains. Made me scroll back through memory lane a bit and realize that the last alpinish winter climb I'd been on that involved more than carrying gear back and forth to the base of mountain was Damnation Gulley on Mt. Washington back in December of 05 or thereabouts.

-Sobo, I served a short term sentence on the EC (Boston) from 05-08 and didn't relocate to the PNW full time until May of '09. Only decent rock climbing was ~4 hours away and there was lots of really good WW kayaking much closer so I went with the flow when I was back there and spent most of my rec-time in a boat.

-Sobo, I served a short term sentence on the EC (Boston) from 05-08 and didn't relocate to the PNW full time until May of '09. Only decent rock climbing was ~4 hours away and there was lots of really good WW kayaking much closer so I went with the flow when I was back there and spent most of my rec-time in a boat.
Thanks, JayB, for that explanation. I couldn't remember if it was NYC or elsewhere, I just remember that it was the upper East Coast. I recall your mention back then that you were applying yourself more to WW boating while on that end of the continent.

Although it's a tad bit late, welcome back. :wave:

Thanks, JayB, for that explanation. I couldn't remember if it was NYC or elsewhere, I just remember that it was the upper East Coast. I recall your mention back then that you were applying yourself more to WW boating while on that end of the continent.

Although it's a tad bit late, welcome back. :wave:

Thanks - great to be back. Now that I'm thinking of the climbing on the EC, it's interesting to think about the fact that the Tatoosh range is an asterisk out here, but would pretty much be the premier alpine range back there.

Are you in Yakima or TriVegas these days?