Cross Country Tour of Climbing Gyms

minx

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you work on this self discovery trip, I'd suggest starting work on a book called "Fast food around the world" wherein you eat at various fast food joints and rate them on how sick you get. No one will know it's really only "Fast Food in 3 states". It will be a big seller, and you can double dip on the trip and recoup all the money you spend.

While you work on this self discovery trip, I'd suggest starting work on a book called "Fast food around the world" wherein you eat at various fast food joints and rate them on how sick you get.
I've always had a theory on how Taco Bell prices tacos... The price depends on how many seconds till you "run to the border" - ie 39 cents = 39 seconds, 49 cents = 49 seconds to the shitter.

I have decided to become a real climber. I hear that they have indoor places to climb which is good b/c I don't want to get wet or cold.

I will be undertaking a tour of climbing gyms across the country.

Any recommendations?

Stone Summit in atlanta is absolutely sick...

I forget the name of the gym, but I went to a cool one in Minneapolis. They had a crazy auto-belay system and lasers that monitored how high folks soloed. If you climbed too high unroped, alarm bells would sound and the SWAT Team would show up.

They were playing Johnny Cash and other great stuff on the sound system too. Blows the crap out of the DJs at SG and VW.

Most of my belay test involved me talking about hanging out with Fred Beckey :grlaf:

I was looking into one in Indy. They don't seem to have much bouldering but have some funky autobelay thing. I odn't know about lasers. EEEK! they'll shoot you off the wall if you get too high?? ;)

If I tell them fred tried to kiss and grabbed my ass once do you think they'll pass me?