Damn Snaffles!

Fence_Sitter

We were on baker this weekend and these mice were running amok...and finally i had it! i speared one with my ice axe, now my and my buddy laughed and laughed at this as neither of us though i could hit it... so we had the great idea of eating the thing with our miso soup, but when the time came to pop the little guy in, his lil' buddies had carried him off...shitty deal! no extra protein for fence sitter... [Frown]

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO!!!

i was cleaning out my gear closet and found an MEC fleece that had been turned into a nest by some fucking snaffles. this is war, all vermin must die!

when i lived in yosemite, i kept a running tally of how many snaffles i had killed.

i would go to backcountry cabins, set at least 5 traps, build a fire, get drunk and go ape shit when i heard a trap snap. i guess thats what you happens when you live alone for a long time though.

but eating them, i dunno about that

I watched a snafflehound descent from 10,000 feet on Glacier Peak down the standard route all the way down to boulder camp in like fifteen minutes- I had the glass on him all the way once I saw some movement on the top portion of the route above where the sitkum/Scimitar edge up to the ridge- man, he was booking! It was almost as if a pissed off climber had ambushed the snaffle, tossed the varmit in a pack and brought hi up to drop off at the summit in a vain attempt at revenge!

I once sat around a fire late at nite.

Armed with a 5th of wiskey and a club,

I dropped a few crackers on the ground

and proceded to get drunk and thump snaffle

at the same time.

[sNAFFLEHOUND]

By the end of the night there were little piles of em'.

I even used a few as bait [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Fence Sitter:

muffy...i weigh 180 lbs...a packet of miso isn't gonna fuel me for a day of ice climbing and glacier travel...that lil bastard ate lots o my stash adn i had to regain the nourishment...since he ate my food...i wuz gunna gets it back...
[chubit]
hey...i was gonna cook him...what's the big deal?
[Wink]

well at least you were going to cook him [laf][laf]

quote:

Originally posted by snoboy:

quote:

Originally posted by Muffy The Wanker Sprayer:

NOPE.... what am I missing?

You're missing lots. If you read the book, then you will get a recipe for "Souris a la Creme." Who could live without that??
[big Grin][big Grin]
I supose I will have to read the book then... I just hope they have an engish traslation as I flunked french (not kissing though [Razz] ) [Wink]

I spent some months in Australia back when drinking was easier on me. In Townsville, Queensland, I wiled away a night downing stubbies with some locals. Every so often a cane toad would hop onto the porch. A thwack with a cricket bat sent the fucker flying. The goal was to ring to distant neighbor's tin roof. Idol minds at play. More fun than throwing stones at the whistle pigs on the shore of Jackson lake.

quote:

Originally posted by Fence Sitter:

muffy, i dont think there are such things as glacier bunnies, but when i see one i will let you know. i would have rather eaten a bunny for sure, but this shit was personal!
[chubit]
Mmmm mice burgers...
[big Grin]

Okay... but I thought the little white bunnies lived on the glacier [Wink]

Starving to death and needing nurishment is one thing... you were going to eat the mouse for fun [Roll Eyes] you had miso... what more do you want [Razz] glutton [Wink][big Grin]