Guitar Thread

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THanks! I just realized the better mix didn't end up there... I'm fixing that now.

I did the whole thing on a Zoon MRS-8 digi-studio.

It uses an sd card. A cpl hunert beans more 'n I could'a got one that had on-board cd. I hate dealin' with the computer so intimidation and bad reviews on zoom's software and goin' via card-reader 'n all that kept me from finally mixing down a master track and gettin' it off the recorder.

So I bought an analog-digi (numark stereo io $50 at sam ash) that has rca's (2 in 4 out) which is what the main L and R outs are on the recorder. Recorder-> interface-> computer via usb. It dl's what it needs immediately upon pluggin' into usb. moments later I was live.

I'm gonna get goin' on a fresh project today! Hopefully it won't take me another 4 yrs to finish. IT sure is a lotta fun though... far cry from the old cassette 4 tracks. And I can avoid computer-recording, which is the big thing to me.

Nicely done! Sounds good!

What's your recording setup? Are you using Firewire?

I've just started trying USB out from my mixer to Audacity on my MacBook Pro, but it sounds like I'm in a can.

Ya got me thinkin'... this usb interface thingy I got defaults to dumping down in the form of an mp3 so I uncompressed it into a wav file. It opens it up to what it was in the first place. mp3's are SO compressed. I hate 'em.

When i first dumped it on soundcloud and listened to it I could hardly tell it was stereo. So I replaced it with the wave file and it's a massive difference.

Headphones, as always, are the best way to listen to it.

I also ended up panning the rhythm guitars really hard L/R and put the bass/drums/lead all toward the middle. That helped a lot with separation.

Nice! You should stop being so cynical, Woody... ;)

Thanks dude.

Should I change my handle? I'll never get to be spray master.

Thanks dude.

Don't worry about it. Spray Master is not all it's cracked up to be. The yoke is heavy. Very heavy...

It's no walk in the park just posting in here sometimes.

What's the trade-off? Do you get free ice cream? Cuz that would be rad.

Thanks dude.

Don't worry about it. Spray Master is not all it's cracked up to be. The yoke is heavy. Very heavy...
It's no walk in the park just posting in here sometimes. What's the trade-off? Do you get free ice cream? Cuz that would be rad.
No trade-offs, no perks. It's just a heavy burden we bear and a tough row we hoe.

Someone has to do it, cuz the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one...