A date that will live in infamy...

sobo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

70 years... holy shit... I remember when it was only 35.

Hell, you musta been not much more than a pup 35 years ago. :) Time marches on and we're all getting older.

It's eerie to think that almost all of the guys who saw this in person and survived the day are gone now... :(

was thinking about this today walking between classes when i could swear i heard folks jabbering in japanese - looked all over the place, and sure as shit, there was a gaggle of studetns yammering away in the heathen tongue, some exchange studetns, some local roundeyes taking the japanese class here, all happy and friendly as clams.

time is a good thing. it makes everything unimportant in short order. :)

I do it all the time.
Well, since you've loosed the secret recipe to your Planet Killer Mai Tai on me, I have no reason to even try such shenanigans...

Yamamoto even died in a cool way: shot down by a P 38.
Yup, knew that. Was making the rounds of a morale-boosting tour in the Solomons, IIRC.

I really enjoyed experimenting with it last week and again over the weekend. I substituted a half-shot of Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice for the juice of half a lemon, and added a 1/2 tsp of sugar syrup to the mix. Also made a round with a splash of Rose's grenadine to the shaker. By far, the best was with the Rose's lime juice. That's the mod I put in the barkeeper app in my phone. :)