Everest SUV commercial

Steven_Kalinowski

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the ad last night. It looked to me like shots of Everest, though our TV antenna is not working and mostly all I saw was a snowstorm and ghost images. Here's a view of the north side.

-

From the north, you can drive to "basecamp" although the real basecamp, "advanced base camp," involves a hike of something like 20 miles.

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

Yeah it sorta looked like the north side....probl'y was.

It just sorta makes me sad to see Hillary sell out Mountaineering like that. he's done some great stuff in Nepal...but this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe he's using the do re mi to do more great stuff in Nepal...

There was an earlier SUV (Ford or Jeep?) that had the background of Torres del Paine National Park (along Lago Grey) in the background. I know this was not filmed there b/c there is no way to drive where they showed the SUV. Just superimposed the SUV going over rough terrain with the background of the Towers. Could this be what happened in this commercial? Amazing things can be done with film these days.

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

I saw the ad last night. It looked to me like shots of Everest, though our TV antenna is not working and mostly all I saw was a snowstorm and ghost images. Here's a view of the north side.

-

From the north, you can drive to "basecamp" although the real basecamp, "advanced base camp," involves a hike of something like 20 miles.

DROOL, DROOL.

North Face=pretty

[ 11-01-2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: salbrecher ]