Hyalite Climbs

mzvarner

Heading over this weekend, looking for advice from those who have extensive knowledge. Plan on making a phone call to locals later, but I want a wide knowledge base.

Is it worth the effort to climb Upper green sleeves and is it really WI3?

Flanders area. Never been there looking for climbs in the wi2-4 range and in the book it looks like there is potential. Is it worth it and how long is the approach to lower flanders and the cirque?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an old ice comp link up to me! Was there the 21&22 Flanders looked 4w high clearance good to go then now? Plenty of other stuff every thing is fairly close so hell make up your own link up! Hang over, mummy II, scepter and G1 were in great shape when we were there and fatter now I'm sure. Theres great stuff in flanders if you can drive in there for sure. Hell just start at G1 or Amphitheater on you first day and the follow the path up!

Edited by Skatan

My partner and i got his Forester into Flanders area on Nov. 23rd. Talked with him tonight and he reported 4 inches of new snow out of this last storm. If you have 4WD, a narrow wheel base, and legit snow tires ( Blizzak) maybe give it a go, but there is a shit ton of climbs reached by a easy plowed road.