Hunting is

allthumbs

Cooper was recently asked to explain why he thought that "modern man needs to hunt." Ancient or modern, man hunts because he is a carnivorous predator. You have only to examine his teeth, which are designed for shearing and masticating meat. Most grass eaters have grazing and grinding teeth located only in the lower jaw. Man does not hunt in order to eat - not in the past and not now.

[ 10-31-2002, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: trask ]

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

Cooper was recently asked to explain why he thought that "modern man needs to hunt." Ancient or modern, man hunts because he is a carnivorous predator. You have only to examine his teeth, which are designed for shearing and masticating meat. Most grass eaters have grazing and grinding teeth located only in the lower jaw. Man does not hunt in order to eat - not in the past and not now.

You're making the assumption that all aspects of humans have evolved at the same time, in the same way, for the same purpose. We might have the teeth more suited for carnivorism, but that doesn't mean we haven't evolved beyond that. If the teeth of a carnivore work for omnivorism, then there wouldn't necessarily be any evolution of the teeth. Also, the relative length of our colons is more than that of a typical carnivore, indicating a possible evolution from eating meat to a more varied diet.

The great Ted Nugent said it best. "Everybody, at least once in their lifetime, should have to go afield and kill their own food." In order for man to live something must die. Besides, wild game is by far the best. 100% natural & low in fat. Hunting is also the purest form of freedom there is.

quote:

Originally posted by Vancleave:

The great Ted Nugent said it best. "Everybody, at least once in their lifetime, should have to go afield and kill their own food." In order for man to live something must die. Besides, wild game is by far the best. 100% natural & low in fat. Hunting is also the purest form of freedom there is.

Right on bro.

Attention: The Nuge recently announced in a press release that he would like to limit, henceforth, the number of persons swinging from his nuts, and the frequency at which they are doing so. Apparently the jewels in question are rather sore from the non-stop Tarzanning, and he'd like you all just to take a break for a while. Buy the book, listen to 'Cat Scratch Fever', come to the book signings; it's all good. Just ease up on the nutz, is all he's saying.

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

It is an escape from the PC, feminized society

I know a couple women who hunt from my home town who would most likely kick your ass when it comes to hunting things. But maybe you didn't mean it that way.

Yo Iain, the wife of one of my hunting partners could kick my ass; she got her first elk when she was 8 months pregnant. What I meant was the movement over the past 10-15 years away from anything decidedly "masculine", that these activities are "bad", etc. I don't know if that explains it; oh, well.

Greg W

"Ride tall, shoot straight, and live to tell the truth"-Cooper? [instant-Homer-Simpson-drooling-graemlin]

I just got my Deltaforce catalog in the mail. What a hoochie-mama on the cover!

If you're not vegeterian, you pay to slaughter animals by the masses. They may not be as cute as your peachy-fuzzy-wuzzy animals hunters kill, but they're animals nonetheless.

Man didn't get to the top of the food chain by hunting like an idiot.

Cue Necro...

[ 11-01-2002, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Pencil Pusher ]

quote:

Originally posted by Vancleave:

Purest form of freedom as long as you kill it with tools you find in the wild. Otherwise you rely on society's inventions and we couldn't have that. Guns are aid.

Hunting, and fishing are natural for some of us and not for others. Some of us were raised in the hunting-fishing environment and have chosen to follow in the foot steps of our forefathers and mothers, while some of us have not. Those of you that were not raised in a household like this may or may not have started to hunt or fish. That is OK too, but don't put people down for doing what they like to do.

I read last week that shooting(hunting) gives the shooter(hunter) a red neck kind of feel. If that is what you equate these two sports to be then so be it, but my African-American, Samoian and Asian friends in Alaska who engage themselves in these activites would not EVEN consider themselves to be red necks. Something to think about when discussing these sporting activities and putting lables on people. [smile]

Good thoughts Sisu. I was raised in suburbia and am just taking up hunting at 33 after spending a couple years going on elk hunts with my uncle. I think people mislabel their "redneck" feelings; it is more a feeling of returning to a simpler, agrarian-type existence (for me, anyway). It is an escape from the PC, feminized society that surrounds us so much of the time. Can't wait, I leave in two weeks!!!!