Scarpa Phantom guide and or Ultra..

LSD1977

I need some info on the "heel" fit of these boots vrs. say the LS batura's.

I have the Batura's and am looking for something with a bit more room in the heel box. I have achillies tendenosis and although the heel cup in the LS boots is great at keeping my heel in place it destroys my achilles!!

Help Please as i gotta straighten this out asap as i have brand new Batura's sitting here and i dont wanna wear em outdoors if its not what i am gonna end up in all season....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK, the Ultra is not available in NA. The only person I know of that visits this board that has worn the Ultra and the Guide is Dane, and you can find his opinion on the Cold Thistle blog.

So I'm not surprised at all. Try UK Climbing or other European forums where the Ultra is actually a model that's sold via retail.

I just got a pair of the guides to replace the very low volume phantom lites. I normally wear a size 42 in sportia nepals (my lites were 42 and tight on my toes) and I had to go with a 41.5(my street shoe size) in the guides. Very roomy toebox. Heel feels normal to me though. Lots of insulation in these boots too.

I just got a pair of the guides to replace the very low volume phantom lites. I normally wear a size 42 in sportia nepals (my lites were 42 and tight on my toes) and I had to go with a 41.5(my street shoe size) in the guides. Very roomy toebox. Heel feels normal to me though. Lots of insulation in these boots too.

Thanks guys...

I was or am interested in both the ultra and regular guide. I figured people on the forum would have experience with the guide not so much the ultra. I have read Danes review more than once and i never picked up on anything about the heel box.

Thanks for the input and any other opinions are more than welcome as we still have yet to get any real ice in New England and my Baturas are still unworn. I think i should just order a pair and give em a go?