Tweak Scratch

mikeadam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott has become such an institution of this board that it would be hard to imagine the site without him. I don't mind the occasional jabs at the Muir hut and cougar stuff, but I'm not him. Just like the odd jab at Lambone, the todd-tex two-timer. He (I think) knows it's only in fun (at least when I say it). Gets way out of hand at times though. It also gets a little old.

This is so rad.

Had no idea this thread was going on until I got hate mail posted by another CC'er.

I posted it here but did not know I could not.

It was mean, derogatory, hateful, and childish.

I guess I cannot say who it came from either.

I can only say that I love getting feedback from such wonderful people. It inspires me is all that I can say.

I also think it's rad that some of you have actually gone to my site, as I thought my site only pertained to hikers from the wta.org site and nwhikers.net. It is not cool enough for some of you hardcore climbers, and I'm embarassed to think that you go there. I have recently thought about going back through my site and deleting or fixing some of the older TR's I have, especially from places like Granite Mountain and Mt Si, as those were my first hikes some 2 years ago, and I come across as a big time gaper (or just more of one than I am now). But it is good perpesctive, and I know for a fact from others that email me that they got the necessary information from the TR so that they could make it theor first hike, etc.

As far as the whole finanacial thing, I got that idea from another website from here in the PNW. Why did I put it there? Because I heard that some people like to support such things, and that's their business. It's probably a bad idea, but wtf? It's my fu**ing site and I can do whatever the hell I want to. If you don't like it, then go somewhere else, I never told you to go to my site in the first place. BUT, there is no reason for you to go to my site, it's for beginners in hiking and climbing, and most of you guys are all tough and hardcore.

Bash me as you will, but I WILL PREVAIL!

I have a fleet of cougars that are ready to fight at a moments notice.

A job, yes that is what I want. But nobody wants me. Hard to get a job in the IT business in this economy for sure. Until then, I will climb outdoors while all you pussies are in your cube farms, pumping gas, flipping burgers, and picking up garbage.

My rant for the day.

I love you all.

Who's in on the Muir on Saturday reunion?

It has to happen.

I'll see many of you tomorrow on the Coleman.

[rockband]

[rockband]

[rockband]

[rockband]

[rockband]

[Razz]

[ 11-02-2002, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: scot'teryx ]

quote:

Originally posted by scot'teryx:

A job, yes that is what I want. But nobody wants me. Hard to get a job in the IT business in this economy for sure. Until then, I will climb outdoors while all you pussies are in your cube farms, pumping gas, flipping burgers, and picking up garbage.

[Razz]

Wow, what a pseudo-humble attitude you have there. More delusional rambling?

At least those people you're deriding have an honest job. Is your woman supporting your climbing habit, or did you get some financial aid from some of the bleeding hearts around here?

I think the inference was that selling the Cascades may be OK for Fred, Jim, et al, but you need to pay some more dues.

Furthermore, like I mentioned previously your wanna-be X-games, REI promoting, SUV driving, new to the wilderness ass doesn't speak for me.

quote:

vi·chys·soise (vsh-swäz, vsh-)

n.

A thick creamy potato soup flavored with leeks and onions, usually served cold.

I'm still trying to figure out what DFA meant by this. [Confused]

Scott, you're all right. If I laugh at cougar jokes, or jab at your 'teryx, it's all in fun and not personal, and I bet that's the way it is with 90% of the folks here. You've supplied a laugh and that's a good thing. Don't let the bastards get you down, be yourself, take the pokes with a grain of salt. You continue to give this board a lot to talk about.

Scot-teryx do you really think those climbs are as difficult as you noted them on your web page? You might need to examine the swelling of your head.

If you are looking for some handouts I suggest standing on a freeway exit with a sign "Loser that is too lazy to get a job. Please give me money." for better luck.

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

vi·chys·soise (vsh-swäz, vsh-)

n.

A thick creamy potato soup flavored with leeks and onions, usually served cold.

I'm still trying to figure out what DFA meant by this.
[Confused]

[laf]

Bwa ha ha ha haaaa!

Dr. Flash Amazing: Surreptitiously subverting your sanity through pernicious paradigm parallaxis since back in the diz-ay.

[sleep] Sleep tight, suckaz! BLAOW! [Mad]