Fuck the Freshiez

texplorer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:

You just gotta point those bad boys downhill and str8tline. Turnings for when shit gets in your way...

Don't see too many tele straightliners...

werd. The tele phreaks can be pretentious pricks, too. I don't buy into that puritanal protestant crap that you gotta "earn your turns" as if suffering somehow enhances the overall experience. For some reason the freeheelers do. I guess that's why they've also got hairy girlfriends (if they've got any) in need of deodorant as if overcoming revulsion makes the climax better.

in the morning when they clipped in to generally terrorize the clients with their skiing skills, first turn, POP! and they're headers in the powpow, but did Teddy get a kick out of his days on the haute route...

oh that's right, Tex. Skis and mountains don't go togther.

quote:

Originally posted by freeclimb9:

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:

You just gotta point those bad boys downhill and str8tline. Turnings for when shit gets in your way...

Don't see too many tele straightliners...

werd. The tele phreaks can be pretentious pricks, too. I don't buy into that puritanal protestant crap that you gotta "earn your turns" as if suffering somehow enhances the overall experience. For some reason the freeheelers do. I guess that's why they've also got hairy girlfriends (if they've got any) in need of deodorant as if overcoming revulsion makes the climax better.

[laf][laf][big Drink]

So, Tex, what you're saying is ski mountaineering isn't worth discussing here because of the ski part. I suppose you're right [Roll Eyes]

Have you read Lowell Skoog's trip report on the North Face of Buckner in a day? It's in the rec.climbing archives. I'd say that was a good days work. If skis suck, and walking rules, howabout putting up some cash that says you can do the North Face of Buckner from the trailhead (via Bostin Basin & Sharkfin Col) in 12.5 hrs. Sound fair? Put up or shut-up [sleep]

quote:

Originally posted by jaee:

So, Tex, what you're saying is ski mountaineering isn't worth discussing here because of the ski part. I suppose you're right
[Roll Eyes]

Have you read Lowell Skoog's trip report on the
in a day? It's in the rec.climbing archives. I'd say that was a good days work. If skis suck, and walking rules, howabout putting up some cash that says you can do the North Face of Buckner from the trailhead (via Bostin Basin & Sharkfin Col) in 12.5 hrs. Sound fair? Put up or shut-up
[sleep]

I don't think Tex would have any problem with that. Plus I think he's yankin' your chain too [Wazzup]