How far do/would you drive to a gym?

Buckshot

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep telling my friends if they were ever interested in starting a climbing gym, Wenatchee is the place and now is the time. DO IT!

I can't see any other locale on the east side of the mtns working if that's what you're getting at.

a wenatchee gym would be a big hit.

Nooooo. Wenatchee is too far. 11worth!

A co-op could work well in LTown, but there is no way a full fledged climbing gym would work anywhere but Wenatchee.

There's a climbing wall in town at The Y, two minutes up the road from my place, but I can't see myself going there when there's epic year-round outdoor climbing ten minutes down the hill.

Your Bohemian ethic requires readjustment. Grab a double tall latte, and get over to that climbing wall now!

Sorry I took so long to get back to this. I've been playing a lot outside.

Yes, I am considering starting a gym. There's a LOT of issues with this of course, most of them end in $$ signs. Location, unfortunately would likely be in Moses Lake or somewhere nearby, thats where I live and I'd need to work still probably and start the thing on weekends and evenings.

I think Wenatchee is a good location but the gym in E. Wenatchee at the airport died a few years ago. What was the cause of death? Anyone who knows please help me out.

At least part of the gym will have to be 100% noob-ready.

Also it does take a lot of cheese to throw up some walls and make the loan and building lease payments. So its kind of a dream right now, one I am planning on making come true. I am not a businessman, I just want a #$%*ing climbing gym nearby. If I do nothing at all I will build a woody wall in my yard at least and buy a portable wall to rent out to get the startup $$ for the real gym.

I used to drive an hour to get to the VW in Bremerton when I was living near Port Townsend. Of course I'd end up going like 3 times a year, mostly just in the winter. I'd find a buddy and make a rainy day of it when things started to get to me. Go have lunch at the mexican place near by and then go back in for some more.

Now that I live here I sure wish there was something in L-worth or Wenatchee. I just put my hangboard up today. Moses Lake would be a bit too far.

There'd be no way I'd go to ML for a climbing gym, especially mid-winter. I can't speak for the other Wenatchee climbers though...

The Cliffhangar in E. Wenatchee was a blast. Sure, it was small, but it was a good mid-week hangout spot a couple times a week to make plans for the weekend, and that odd saturday or sunday burn.

We need a Berkeley Ironworks or the like for the area!