a donut and coffee

iain

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strong coffee, scramble some eggs w/some Tabasco and cheddar cheese, insert eggs in homemade tortillas with some cheese and slip back in the skillet to warm it all up and melt the cheese. This is my favorite breakfast when I am home on the weekends; stop on by if you're heading out to Index (bring your own eggs if there are more than 2 in your car). Oh, yeah; liberal dose of Pace Picante on top.

Greg W

[ 10-30-2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Greg W ]

OMG greg that sounds awesome.

another dynamite choice: the salmon hash plate at Timberline Lodge before a day on the mountain, or after a night climb. [Eek!]

eggs, salmon, potatoes, do the math

then pass out by the fireplace with the free coffee

quote:

Originally posted by sayjay:

boys, boys, surely food is not the first thing on your mind when you wake up in the morning...

there are much better ways to start your day than coffee and a donut...

Oh, you little vixen; the way you tease!!! Combine the best of both and use your body as the plate!!! [Wink]

Dr. Flash Amazing heartily seconds Iain's endorsement of salmon as part of a delicious breakfast. Tops is the Northwest Smoked Salmon Benedict at the Dahlia Cafe (NE Killingsworth around 28th, for you PDXers). Also any espresso beverage involving Illy espresso, especially from the Daily Cafe. Illy puts all other esspresso to shame, with shame to spare!

And Greg, if a sloppily-dressed physician should come barging into your house some Sunday morning, don't reach for the guns, he's just there for breakfast! Homemade tortillas! Yowza [Eek!] ! The Doctor will pick up some chorizo on the way over to complete the meal. Then we can brawl over politics afterwards. Smashing.

[rockband]

30 minutes o' stretching. ( I think it's kind of yoga-like. not sure?)

3-9 mile run.

more stretching.

h20, multi-vitamins and more h20.

Werks great for me.

(--Climb on,,,

"Dude!! You mean you actually bought an "action suit? That's gotta be the 'Brooklyn Bridge Sale' of the decade man. Sucker."

okay, okay the rated-g answer:

get up early enough that there's still hardly anyone outnabout,

take a long run in cool clear weather, hills and views of the mountains a priority,

then come home, take a hothot shower, and sit down to a breakfast of really good black coffee, thick french toast with lots of butter and *real* maple syrup, nice-n-brown hashbrowns and bacon on the side.

YUM

then curl up and take a nap after the caffeine/carbo crash...

on my more adventurous days:

eat whatever is in my pack then climb up up up as the sun rises...

I've got to go with Sayjay's *first* answer. There is no better way to start the day. [smile]

Then when you've got a nice big appetite, either lox-n-bagels ot Eggs Bennie in civilization, or the Hamburger Helper thing with the hash browns (and dried/reconstituted GB) and cheezy sauce in the backcountry. And of course nice strong coffee in any case.