Epic!!

olyclimber

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! (P.S. he mentioned "blunted picks." Would it be worth the weight to carry a very small sharpening file on a climb like this?)

Good theory, but at high altitude and pure exhaustion it may simply take too much effort especially when it is cold. I carried a file on some big climbs and when things get strung out and your body is wasted it’s all you can do to finish the most basic and essential tasks.

I honestly don't think you can go much further than this. if a person has more endurance, they might do more, but without assistance I don't how much more the human form can do. of course I can't wait for humans to prove how wrong I am.

I don' think this is "speed climbing". This is climbing without being weighted down with the things that a rational person might bring (say a sleeping bag or a bivy sack). Yes is its faster because they leave that behind, but to call it "speed climbing" isn't it either. its fucking awesome, ballsy, and stupid all at the same time.

does this further climbing? yes it does.

I honestly don't think you can go much further than this. if a person has more endurance, they might do more, but without assistance I don't how much more the human form can do. of course I can't wait for humans to prove how wrong I am.

I don' think this is "speed climbing". This is climbing without being weighted down with the things that a rational person might bring (say a sleeping bag or a bivy sack). Yes is its faster because they leave that behind, but to call it "speed climbing" isn't it either. its fucking awesome, ballsy, and stupid all at the same time.

does this further climbing? yes it does.

i was just making fun of resident downers j_b and polish bobby :)