Madrone Wall Mailing Party - 11/21 @ Lucky Lab

elaine

FREE BEER!

Now that I have your attention, I'll buy the first pitcher to those that show up to help Keith Daellenbach and I with our next snail mailing. Come to the Lucky Lab on SE Hawthorne in Portland at 6pm to attach stamps and address labels ( no licking required ). And, yes, I have spoken with Keith about doing a email list ( feedback from supporters of the Madrone), but he's just not interested in doing it. He also doesn't have email contacts for all of those supporters from 1997 when it originally shut down.

An update will come next week, but there is a public meeting in regards to the Fire Management Plan specifically for the Madrone. There is actually a fair amount of "fuel" up there and especially above the cliffs. Keith and I met with County staff recently about this and we heard their various suggestions and ideas. The County feels that a public meeting is critical, and one will be held in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned for my post on that which will be out next week too.

As for now there is a Civil Engineer who has done the 30% Draft Plan ( I might not be phrasing this correctly) in regards to the road and parking area for the site. It's the same guy who is working on the new Sellwood Bridge plan, and he's drafted the plans pro-bono. The Oregon National Guard ( 1249 out of Salem) stands ready to do the work, and the County is looking forward to working wth them. I believe there is about $65K that the County has budgeted for the site to start some of the work.

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pitcher of porter it is and I've heard they have some good seasonal beers....but then again, I don't even drink!

Thanks again guys for helping!

Maybe I'll see some of you PDX folks at the comp at the PRG tomorrow? I'll be sitting at a table with Madrone stuff for a few hours in the afternoon.

Kellie

Thanks to CC.comers Chad, Chris, & Amy, as well as our usual suspects Joseph and Mike, who helped label, stamp, and do the dreaded "dots" task tonight on around 1100 snail mailings, which many of our supporters will be receiving this week.

More details will come about the info in the flier for those who are not on our mailing list in the next couple of days in this forum.

If you can, keep Thursday December 1st open for a public meeting at the Carver School RE: the County's proposed Fire Management Plan for the Madrone site. Meeting is from 6pm-8pm.

Thanks for the support!

Kellie Rice

President, Madrone Wall Preservation Committee