recommendations for a 30L - 40L pack

Chickenthief

I've been super stoked with my CCW ~ 40L pack - and I've had a number of cilogear packs. No more cilogear for me. My CCW is lighter (even with the frame of the cilogear removed), cleaner and more durable at a better price. CCW has an outstanding track record and can do minor customizations at a reasonable price. Randy's (CCW owner/operator) a super helpful guy and answers all your questions asap. Really easy doing business with him.

My current 30L pack is a MEC genie DSL - which is a fraction of the price of most others and a sweet little pack. With a few minor modifications it's even better (lighter and more functional). I'm on my second Genie in 10 years - fantastic little packs. My first one has been retired to a school/grocery pack, but it's still going strong. Can't reccomend those highly enough.

I liked the previous generation BD speed, but don't like the current generation very much.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Mammut Trion Light, and the Trion Pro both look interesting.

Weird thing on the Trion Pro - such a burly patch for "crampon wear" on the front...but how the hell do you attach the crampons?

I've been digging my BD Sphinx 45L for almost a decade now...not made anymore.

My CCW is lighter (even with the frame of the cilogear removed), cleaner and more durable at a better price. CCW has an outstanding track record and can do minor customizations at a reasonable price.

Agreed. If you have owned both it is obvioous the numbers don't add up to the hype.

Blue Ice is another in those sizes. Warthog is exceptional imo.

If one wants a truly "custom" pack made just for you, go to mchale packs he will be willing to make you whatever you want.

Mchale packs will indeed cost you an arm and leg to buy though. $400+- given the pack and extras.

SpectraSubpop4_7_noAxe_7902.jpg

I hope he does not get angry for me posting pictures of his beautiful backpacks.

Edited by Laughingman