Who went to the mountains today?

Beck

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slept in very late both days, talked to some friends thousands of miles away, wished I was climbing about every other minute. Saw a movie and a half. Bought a fern. Went grocery shopping and flirted with the grocery girl I'm in love with (she climbs!). Made butternut squash soup, sang a Neil Young song for my roomates with the new guitar strings, which I haven't done since I was 19 and drunk at a party, kept forgetting the lyrics. Wished I was climbing.

quote:

Originally posted by SEF:

Soloed Observation Rock Saturday. Cloudless, cool and frosty. Saw a party of 2 climbing up the glacier around E of the N Face as I was stumbling down the talus.

dude; you must have been fast - you were off the ice before we even got on. saw the other two dudes, though. i think they were on pitch two or three when we started up. my first ice climb ended with a bang! [Wink][Roll Eyes][Razz]

Dr. Flash Amazing worked hella long hours on Weds., worked hella short hours Thurs., took Friday off. Wrapped up some home improvement work, bought lots of reading material, bought some beer, bought some blue fescue, shopped for digital cameras, shopped for crash pads, went to church, bought groceries, bought delicious bottle of wine from Spain for six bucks, bought some port, drank plenty of wine and port and beer, ate yummy breakfast on Sunday, rented 'Windtalkers' ( [sleep] ), went to the PRG, shopped for new homes, shopped for new warm clothing, shopped for home furnishings, strolled about downtown PDX, listened to muzak on vinyl, went to the Habitat for Humanity warehouse sale, and slept a bunch.

Phew!

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

dude; you must have been fast - you were off the ice before we even got on. saw the other two dudes, though. i think they were on pitch two or three when we started up. my first ice climb ended with a bang!
[Wink][Roll Eyes][Razz]

"Ended with a bang?" [Wink]

Uh, with no incentive to drag out the trip until the wee hours of the morning, I think I was back to the car and in search for a latte before you got on. [geek] (I posted my exit itinerary elsewhere in defense of aspersions being cast by erik).

[ 10-28-2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: SEF ]

quote:

Originally posted by SEF:

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

dude; you must have been fast - you were off the ice before we even got on.

I think I was back to the car and in search for a latte before you got on.

This is of no surprise to anyone who has ever tried to keep up with Steve. [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

[q]Dr. Flash Amazing worked hella long hours on Weds., worked hella short hours Thurs., took Friday off. Wrapped up some home improvement work, bought lots of reading material, bought some beer, bought some blue fescue, shopped for digital cameras, shopped for crash pads,
went to church
, bought groceries, bought delicious bottle of wine from Spain for six bucks, bought some port, drank plenty of wine and port and beer, ate yummy breakfast on Sunday, rented 'Windtalkers' (
[sleep]
), went to the PRG, shopped for new homes, shopped for new warm clothing, shopped for home furnishings, strolled about downtown PDX, listened to muzak on vinyl, went to the Habitat for Humanity warehouse sale, and slept a bunch.

Phew![/q]

this is where the story unravels...into a pile of decent and self lothing...

epic weekend ole boy!!!

[laf][big Drink][Wazzup][Cool][smile]

[ 10-28-2002, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: erik ]