Who went to the mountains today?

Beck

...did a training run up Mount Si in My Koflachs, carrying a rack and prussiks, trying to stay on route with the GPS-hairy routefinding-and gave my Gore XCR bibs a ripping on the crux of the Haystack [Wink] Viscious! My ti 4-section probe poles kept slipping, though, so, even though brought my peeps, we didn't have to activate it.

what did you guys do today?

[ 10-27-2002, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Beck ]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jaunt around beacon rock for a few climbs, ran into a pack of 3 cc.com'rs easily identified by horsecock babble (shredmaximus, sketchfest,and one other I didn't catch) [laf] then climbed with shred and MtnHigh on the Eliot in some nice wind and rain. Throw in a freezing level of 6K' and you have -

ran up to the hang glider site at the S end of Rampart at noon to fly some RC. Flew old reliable for 20 minutes in great smooth lift, then got out the new bird for it's second flight, put it through it's paces and chased some ravens around. Then the weather closed in a 1pm, so i climbed into the truck hoping it would pass, read book for 3 hours still hoping it would pass, gave up and drove home. Better than doing chores at home anyway!

Iain, I'm guessing you were one of the 8 or so that was waiting to rap from snaggy ledge, but I don't think we were introduced, which one were you?

Fun Guy and I climbed a sweet route over on the East face..."Young warriors" or something like that. 2 pitch, first was like .6 or .7 and the 2nd was nice .10a, very friable until you enter the hand/finger crack, finishing at the belay ledge on the 2nd pitch of SE corner.

I was with one other person rapping off that 10a (dunno the name but a great climb!) to the left of jill's thrill straight above the ledge. What a mess down there, but we did get some climbs in. I was the fool hanging out in a green t-shirt in october.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

Hiked across the Enchantments...I saw a lake...it was cool...trail down from Asgaard is a shitty chosspile.

I KNEW IT WASNT A SNAFFLE THAT CHEWED A HOLE IN MY COAT.....

WENT BACKPACKING UP SOME GRANITE WITH BONE! GOOD TIMES!