Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

quote:

Originally posted by E-rock:

Goddammit Mountain Goat

Called by the formal "Mountain Goat" even. Impressive.

Interesting that a stickler (the sticklerest) for detail such as MtnGoat would choose the abbreviated format for his
nom de screen.
Could this be a chink in the Goat's armor? Could this apparent lack of attention to completeness and detail be the loose block that sends the Goat's great buttresses of reasoning crashing to the ground like so much chossy rubble?

Could be I suppose, but it's more likely the remnant of my first foray into email, on a system which only allowed 8 character prefixes.

Feel free to rue the day some scurrilous wag introduced the goat to the 'net, eventually resulting in the rending of garments, much lament, and wearing of sackcloth and ashes by appalled "progressives" net wide.

[Wink]

BABS SEES CRASH CONSPIRACY

By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH and CHRIS WILSON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbra Streisand

-Photo by: AP

SHE'S quoted bogus Shakespearean passages, misspelled the name of Sen. Dick Gephardt, and issued a position paper identifying Saddam Hussein as the "president of Iran." Now liberal activist Barbra Streisand is privately saying that Sen. Paul Wellstone's plane crash was "no accident."

"I was shocked but, knowing a bit about her, not surprised by her statement," a witness told The Post's Braden Keil. "She said there's more to this than meets the eye."

Wellstone, his wife and daughter, and five others died on Oct. 25 in a small plane crash as they were making campaign stops in his home state of Minnesota. If his replacement, Walter Mondale, doesn't win tomorrow's election, the Democratic Party could lose conrol of the Senate.

Streisand expressed her paranoid conspiracy theory to an audience of interior designers bidding on the chance to decorate a planned addition to her Malibu estate.

The singer, who recently sold her triplex on Central Park West for half of what she originally asked three years ago, gave up looking for another apartment in New York and is sending her furniture out west, where she is building a separate building to house the antique items.

"She's asked five top West Coast designers to bid on a project to incorporate her New York furniture into a farmhouse-like addition on her Malibu estate," said the source.

In a letter to the five candidates bidding for the job, she tells the prospects she won't have time to discuss anything until after the election.

"She then says they better be voting Democratic and goes into a long political missive about reproductive choice, the Supreme Court, the environment and the power of the right wing," adds the source.

Babs' Web site - which hawks everything from soup mugs to golf balls - consists largely of her political statements, with a big section defending her screw-ups.

Last year, her site urged fans to be more energy-efficient even while she criss-crossed the country on fossil fuel-sucking private jets, roamed the roads in gas-guzzling limos and SUVs, and vacationed on big power boats.

Streisand also urged her fellow Americans to set air conditioners at 78 degrees. One source told Keil that Babs kept the 16 rooms in her unoccupied Central Park West triplex as cold as a meat locker.

And don't forget the time Streisand urged everyone to conserve energy by hanging laundry outside on lines, rather than use electric clothes dryers. But when asked if Streisand herself was using a backyard clothesline, her spokesman said: "She never meant that it necessarily applied to her."

http://www.pagesix.com/seven/11042002/pagesix/pagesix.htm

[laf]

Barbra who?

Ignoring Streisand's goofiness for a moment, did the "no accident" theory not at least cross anyone else's mind? Just look at all the people connected to Clinton who mysteriously died off. Was that during Lewinsky or Whitewater, or both? We'll see if Mondale makes it to election day without having a "heart attack" or suffering some other fatal misfortune.

[ 11-04-2002, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Dr Flash Amazing ]

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

Goes without saying, bro. Way I heard it Wellstone's challenger was giving him a run for his money.

It was close, but he was pulling ahead (wellstone, that is) and most likely would have won. Its been really sad and crazy around here with everything going on...the memorial service, media, mondale, absentee ballots... our lovely governor! Should make for an interesting election day!

And DFA's conspiracy theory?!?! Dont think the thought hasnt been passed around over here...again...and again...and again! I lean more toward pilot error myself. Still, the weather wasnt that bad...kind of strange. Cant blame one to wonder otherwise!

quote:

Originally posted by carolyn:

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

Goes without saying, bro. Way I heard it Wellstone's challenger was giving him a run for his money.

It was close, but he was pulling ahead (wellstone, that is) and most likely would have won. Its been really sad and crazy around here with everything going on...the memorial service, media, mondale, absentee ballots... our lovely governor! Should make for an interesting election day!

And DFA's conspiracy theory?!?! Dont think the thought hasnt been passed around over here...again...and again...and again! I lean more toward pilot error myself. Still, the weather wasnt that bad...kind of strange. Cant blame one to wonder otherwise!

"Memorial Service"?

More like a deceitful way to get 3 hours of free local airtime for a political rally. No shame, Democrats. Looks like Jesse will get the last laugh though....

quote:

Barbra who?

Ignoring Streisand's goofiness for a moment, did the "no accident" theory not at least cross anyone else's mind? Just look at all the people connected to Clinton who mysteriously died off. Was that during Lewinsky or Whitewater, or both? We'll see if Mondale makes it to election day without having a "heart attack" or suffering some other fatal misfortune.

Are you saying that Clinton had Wellstone killed because he wouldn't give him oral?

quote:

You republican twats are no fun at all. Sure, you're more than happy to get your knickers in a clove hitch about the so-called liberal media, but you can't for a minute entertain the idea of politicians knocking each other off.

Boring as hell!
[sleep][sleep][sleep]

Well, now that I think of it the stock market did rally big late that day.... [Eek!]