F'ed Up Shoulder Therapy?

I'm pretty sure it's an over-use injury from playing guitar. Left arm. Pretty much sore all the time.

If I raise my arm up with it at a 90deg angle (like signalling a right turn on a bike) and bring my forearm forward and down I get an audible "pop" and increasing pain.

Any suggestions for therapy, other then rest, Ice, and limited NSAIDs?

Thanks for the help,

-J

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to the above, have your wife check out your posture. Are your shoulders slumped forward? Modern day life has us reaching forward (computer use, driving ) too much and that can pull the shoulder out of neutral alignment. If you go see a physical therapist, they will usually suggest things that stretch the pec muscles and tighten the upper back muscles like rear delt flyes, band pull aparts, rowes, ect.

Like Gene said.

Last summer I went to a PT for my right shoulder. We did the range of motion/pain tests and impingement was the likely cause.

Basically, many culprits from imbalance of muscles to poor posture from being a desk jockey.

You can retrain your posture but it will take serious work. It is a good idea though. Get some bands and do shoulder and back exercises(lead with your thumb for the most part). Also, ice your shoulder after you workout.