Winter Bouldering?

murse11

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Murse! I'm going to be living there as of next weekend and I'll be up for something. Frankly I'm not a boulderer and think wrestling tiny pebbles is weird. I do however reluctantly own a pad and sometimes find joy getting up a pebble or two and I'm sure I'll need to do some work this winter to stay in shape without a climbing gym nearby.

I can probably be talked into working some easier problems and brushing snow off stuff. ;-) I don't know what the best winter spots are yet though. Look me up!

- Stewart

The last couple of years i have been skiing more then bouldering in the winter but I'll seek out dry granite if we get another powder free spell this year (OlympicMtnBoy had my contact info).

Most of the stuff with southern exposer and few trees is good in the winter my favorites being the pretty and carnival boulders as they get sun longer thanks to the mountaineers creek valley.

Forest lands and upper mad meadows can be good too thanks to the lack of trees and south facing problems if you are willing to posthole up to them. Twisted tree icehouse and the ridge are all right by the road which is nice.