glacier peak, wa

bistro

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ok, lets try this. What is the best route to take to get to the summit of Glacier Peak? I am interested,in a solo trip and the overall expierience of the journey. I am proficient at most things trail, off trail,mountauneering, alpine travel, etc.I plan to go July, August 2012. I know that trail conditions may change. Ive read the blogs, which are too old to be of much good as they generally point to Kennedy Pass and the hot springs. So I am interested in hearing from some one who has been there within the last year as conditions have,it seems, been some what stable. I'm not scared of the dark, high places, slippery slopes,or Rabid Hoary Marmots.I also know that the area suffered a great deal of damage during the "big storms" and there are road closures and trail closures and it's a loooong fucking walk.I have done as much research as I can, now i'm looking for personal expieriences to make the best informed choice for this trip. Now can I get some info???

I think the Standard Route is the route of choice still. There may be a better option as to what is shown here though. Instead of going over the ridge east of white mountain you can follow the trail until it literally stops then head left uphill around the east of Pk 6770 to one of its saddles to the north. This will save some elevation loss/regain.

This is what climbed 2 years ago. Its a great climb that takes you through many different ecosystems/climates/zones to keep things interesting.

Edited by RaisedByPikas