cutting threads....

MtnGoat

Due to PM, I've just been filled in by someone with a far better grasp of communication than "hey mother fucker".

Thanks for the info, I stand corrected and I retract my statements above.

Trask, cry me a river. If Jon wants to kick my ass off because he runs a board and replies to people like that, that's his buisness, but I'm not really sure it's yours. Hasn't stopped you before, but hey, I'd rather be pompous and civil, than be like you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by MtnGoat:

Due to PM, I've just been filled in by someone with a far better grasp of communication than "hey mother fucker".

Thanks for the info, I stand corrected and I retract my statements above.

Trask, cry me a river. If Jon wants to kick my ass off because he runs a board and replies to people like that, that's his buisness, but I'm not really sure it's yours. Hasn't stopped you before, but hey, I'd rather be pompous and civil, than be like you.

Trask shut up please.

I love people like you. You're like that stupid fat kid in high school who comes up to, stomps on your foot, and then wonders why the hell you are running after them to stuff them in a locker.

Do you really expect me to send you a pleasant message explaining my reasoning after you have called me gutless on a forum that I run? Get a clue bro. If you had sent me a message before you had posted this thread I would have replied in a kind and sweet manner fully explaining the circumstances, but if you sent me a message now I would use words like %$^%^ and !#@$! and !!~!~# ^@%!@&^%. Now that you have been filled in by someone why I moved the thread, why don't you explain to the class why I moved it. Please, tell everyone why the thread was moved. How unreasonable am I meow???

I see, now "gutless" is the equivalent of hey mother fucker.

If you're going to moderate a board and allow the level of incivility, name calling, and all the rest it is your right as owner to allow, getting upset when it is taken to ever higher levels seems a bit odd to me. I made it clear in the very first post I understand it is run by a private party, acknowledged their (your) right to do so.

But you've set the tone for what is acceptable in the first place. As moderator and owner, you are soley responsible for what you choose to allow. take a look again at hey mother fucker, the stupid fat kid in high school bit, posted by a moderator, and wonder again why someone may feel that taking it to another level is just fine.

If what I have been told is correct, the thread will return after certain posters on it have been dealt with.

That's all I need to know, and that's all I was informed of. I retracted my statements, as can be seen above, in good faith with that.

[ 10-25-2002, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: MtnGoat ]

You called me gutless for moving a threat that apparently you had not read for hours and hours, so you have no clue what was said and why I removed it. But instead of taking the time to write us a quick message asking why it was gone you started this whiney little rant. What was you point, to insult us or to find out what happened with the thread? Maybe if you were a little more proactive then this whole debate wouldn't exist. So really, who was being unreasable?

The fat kid thing was a simile eluding to the fact that you insult me and the other mods and then wondered why I came back with a scathing response. To be honest nothing irritates me more then when people compain after we delete threads that are deemed inappropriate, especially when the are ignorant on the reason why.

Maybe I shouldn't have used profanity, but after working more hours this week then you have probably been awake and having server problems all day I'm really quite irratable and don't care at this point, I just want to go home and have a [big Drink] .

"But instead of taking the time to write us a quick message asking why it was gone you started this whiney little rant."

I fully agree it was a whiny rant. What I don't get is when you tolerate all manner of far worse, this one is so special. Somehow, all kinds of folks here get to do far more abrasive, insulting, nasty posts than a whiny rant, but I'm out of line!

"Maybe if you were a little more proactive then this whole debate wouldn't exist. So really, who was being unreasable?"

It's starting to look as if it's both of us. You make a decent case.

"To be honest nothing irritates me more then when people compain after we delete threads that are deemed inappropriate, especially when the are ignorant on the reason why."

That's cool. Could I say, it's also really irritating to be on an interesting thread and have it yanked in it's entirety when engaged with all kinds of interesting folks because of some asshole who really is over the edge.

How about locking the thread for a bit, deleting the offending posts, and inserting a message about what is going on and why? Can we split the difference, I won't post whiny crybaby posts if maybe bad posters are more surgically dealt with?

Course you have all the power so I throw myself on your mercy. I'll pay trask a cigarette butt to give you a knobjob too, to sweeten the deal.

I can understand irritation after a long week, I like this forum, so accept my apologies and go have yourself a beer. I can't expect others to be reasonable if I can't eat some crow now and then, can I.

[ 10-25-2002, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: MtnGoat ]

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:

I have to admit I'm a little bummed. I make a post on the gun thread at 7AM then go to work hoping that I'll come home and someone will be mad at me, but now the tread's gone. Oh well I guess I'll have a beer.
[big Drink][big Drink]

Don't worry, your input was such nonsense that noone fell for the troll all day. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Herre's the list of real losers

allison

Necronumbnuts

Attitude

[Moon]

You're such a little gem. Priceless. Sadly, there's no "eat my corn and peanut filled turdpile" instant graemlin. I'll try anyways...

{}{{}{}{{}

{}{{{}{

}

M

MMM

< MMPMMM

MMMMCMMM

MMCMMMMMMPM

MMCMMMMPMMMCPMM

MMMMMPMMMCMMMPPMM

{}=Steamy Turd Fumes

M=Fecal Matter

P=Partially Digested Peanut

C=Partially Digested Corn Kernel

<=Captian Crapman, satiating his hunger

[ 10-26-2002, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Necronomicon ]

quote:

Originally posted by MtnGoat:

don't know about the other two, but I'll stick up for allison, I've done a couple trips with her. She's good people. A bit obsessed with ultralight gear.. but otherwise normal.

And the Goat, despite his rather, er, barfy politics, and his unfortunate desire to bring everything he owns into the backcountry, well, he's still my pal. And a heck of a lot of fun to have around!

Ray, I'm pretty sure everyone here already knows you don't like me or these other two either. Why not move on to something new? Nobody cares! [Roll Eyes]