cutting threads....

MtnGoat

so what's up with that?

start a section for spray, tolerate all manner of name calling and spewage in nearly every thread there is anyway... and get queasy over a gun thread? I come back to check up on who's reaming who on this entertaining issue... and find it's been yanked entirely. Gutless.

If editorial control must be excercised, delete induhvidual posts causing the trouble. If the imaginary "right" to not be offended is being imnplemented here, fine, it is a private site and I understand that those who run it can do as they wish, fine. don't mean I can't ax questions...

[ 10-25-2002, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: MtnGoat ]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In another thread, somebody postulated that the discussion was "cut" because it degenerated into some threats of violence. If that is the case, I might agree with you about cutting the offending post rather than the entire thread, but I won't criticize the decision to terminate the thread.

By the way, I note that I don't recall you resorting to threats or obscenity -- even though it is a hotly charged topic and one that is very personal to you. Thumbs up.

In another thread, somebody postulated that the discussion was "cut" because it degenerated into some threats of violence. If that is the case, I might agree with you about cutting the offending post rather than the entire thread, but I won't criticize the decision to terminate the thread.

By the way, I note that I don't recall you resorting to threats or obscenity -- even though it is a hotly charged topic and one that is very personal to you. Thumbs up.

quote:

Originally posted by MtnGoat:

so what's up with that?

start a section for spray, tolerate all manner of name calling and spewage in nearly every thread there is anyway... and get queasy over a gun thread? I come back to check up on who's reaming who on this entertaining issue... and find it's been yanked entirely. Gutless.

If editorial control must be excercised, delete induhvidual posts causing the trouble. If the imaginary "right" to not be offended is being imnplemented here, fine, it is a private site and I understand that those who run it can do as they wish, fine. don't mean I can't ax questions...

Yes, I'm a gutless little bitch who is so insecure and so afraid after this whole sniper thing that I just can't handle having a thread about the right to own a gun. Guns just give me the creeps. [Roll Eyes]

You know what mother fucker, if you have a problem send me a fucking email or PM and I'd be more then happy to explain to you why that stupid ass thread was moved, instead of trying to make ass out of the people who moderate and run the message board.

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

quote:

Originally posted by MtnGoat:

so what's up with that?

Yes, I'm a gutless little bitch who is so insecure and so afraid after this whole sniper thing that I just can't handle having a thread about the right to own a gun. Guns just give me the creeps.
[Roll Eyes]

You know what mother fucker, if you have a problem send me a fucking email or PM and I'd be more then happy to explain to you why that stupid ass thread was moved, instead of trying to make ass out of the people who moderate and run the message board.

ZOIKS!!

mattp:

"By the way, I note that I don't recall you resorting to threats or obscenity -- even though it is a hotly charged topic and one that is very personal to you. Thumbs up."

thanks matt, I may get pretty sarcastic, or extremely direct, but I make a huge effort to never destroy my points with obscenities. Threats are even worse, I can scarecly make a case for considerate normal folks if I'm threatening people. Glad you've noticed even though I've been pretty darned direct with you many times. As much as we disagree, without civility, we're nowhere.

"cut those stupid political threads everytime! BTW - you missed one!

Thank you moderators!! I hate that stuff!"

then don't read it. This would be based on something called freedom, which entails something else, known to many as self restraint. Do you act this way in your private life too, expecting others to do for you what you lack the restraint to do for yourself?

[ 10-25-2002, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: MtnGoat ]