• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
kevino

kevino's Alpental updates

From Saturday:

6668994335_120c9431bd_b.jpg

Probably in good shape but you'll know best when you're at the bottom of the route.

If it helps, here's part of the north side of Snoqualmie.

6668953447_628463042c_b.jpg

Hey Kevino, any word on what the ice has done up there after this recent cold snap? Looking to get on some ice for the long weekend!

Thanks!

Any word on the NE Buttress of Chair or other soloable peaks in the area? Or, anyone want to try something harder tomorrow?

Hey Kevino, any word on what the ice has done up there after this recent cold snap? Looking to get on some ice for the long weekend!

I'm fairly certain Kevin is in Texas visiting family.

I believe Kurt Hicks climbed the NE face of the tooth today so I bet he will have an update by this weekend.

"By royal proclamation of Marmot Prince, I am an e-mountaineer and I don't know shit."

That is so funny! So, what is your next e-climb? You planning on e-summiting?

Not quite sure yet, John. When I settle on e-something, I will let you e-know. :)

Not quite sure yet, John. When I settle on e-something, I will let you e-know. :)

if you fall make sure to e-rest yourself.

I believe Kurt Hicks climbed the NE face of the tooth today so I bet he will have an update by this weekend.

Jeez John, spraying for me! Why do I even log on to cc.com anymore?!

I did climb the NE Slab of the Tooth today after deciphering a cryptic note about it being climbed recently on TAY. We found excellent s'nice and a tiny bit of water ice on the route--much higher quality than the last time I did it. I did fumble and drop an alpine draw on pitch two--if someone finds it and wants to give it back I'd be psyched. I bet similar climbs (Chair, Bryant NF, Abiel, etc) are all in reasonable shape so long as you get on them before the snow falls this weekend. The ski in and out is a bit icy; some may prefer snowshoes (or not. one could get by on foot easily). Here are a couple photos:

Route

IMG_5692.JPG

Starting up on good ice and snice

IMG_5697.JPG

pitch 2

IMG_5707.jpg

On the North Ridge

IMG_5709.JPG

cumbre

IMG_57291.JPG