kevino's Alpental updates

kevino

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kevino, any word on what the ice has done up there after this recent cold snap? Looking to get on some ice for the long weekend!

I'm fairly certain Kevin is in Texas visiting family.

I believe Kurt Hicks climbed the NE face of the tooth today so I bet he will have an update by this weekend.

I believe Kurt Hicks climbed the NE face of the tooth today so I bet he will have an update by this weekend.

Jeez John, spraying for me! Why do I even log on to cc.com anymore?!

I did climb the NE Slab of the Tooth today after deciphering a cryptic note about it being climbed recently on TAY. We found excellent s'nice and a tiny bit of water ice on the route--much higher quality than the last time I did it. I did fumble and drop an alpine draw on pitch two--if someone finds it and wants to give it back I'd be psyched. I bet similar climbs (Chair, Bryant NF, Abiel, etc) are all in reasonable shape so long as you get on them before the snow falls this weekend. The ski in and out is a bit icy; some may prefer snowshoes (or not. one could get by on foot easily). Here are a couple photos:

Route

IMG_5692.JPG

Starting up on good ice and snice

IMG_5697.JPG

pitch 2

IMG_5707.jpg

On the North Ridge

IMG_5709.JPG

cumbre

IMG_57291.JPG