kevino's Alpental updates

kevino

Since I live up here at Alpental and plan to get out quite a bit this winter I figured I'd make a thread with current skiing and climbing conditions for all those that are curious. Hopefully it'll be helpful to some people. Enjoy.

11/3/2001

First significant snowfall at Snoqualmie Pass. 1-2" down low, with 4-5" higher up (~5k). Hiked up to Red Mtn Pass. Sun breaks and snow flurries continued throughout the day. Most of the snow has melted out around 3k but Chair Peak still looks great from my window.

P1020121.JPG

P1020122.JPG

P1020114.JPG

This was taken at Red Pond to give you an idea for depth

P1020107.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait Kevino.... You're telling me that I don't have to needlessly drive up to Alpental to check on conditions anymore? All I have to do is go to CC.com and check the kevino's Alpental updates thread? What a great contribution to the site. Please do tell us when you go solo the Source Lake Line!

Sorry I have kind of been absent.

Was in spokane fri evening through saturday.

On sunday went and climbed some ice on alpental I and IV. Enough to boulder around on.

Monday went and skied deep pow in the Big three area above source lake. The new snow was creating a reactive top slab layer

Tuesday, ended up snowing all day, albeit very heavy. Still added up to near 19" over the past 36 hours. Hyak still skied very fun.

Sometime around 8 pm last night it turned to rain and is still currently raining. Will report back how things are looking this afternooon.

Can I request a conditions report for the ice around Source Lake? I'm hoping it will fatten a bit with the cold snap this week...

Appreciate any beta on conditions. :tup:

When I was up near the area on monday not much ice had grown since my last pictures. However take that with a grain of salt because everything was plastered white.