Stone Gardens - Bellevue

gen8787

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, will have to check it out next trip up there. I used to be a busboy at Crabapples Restaurant at Crossroads Shopping Center back in 1976, why wasn't this around then, it would have been quite convenient for me. Have you heard anything about the incredible new rock gym opening in Seattle soon? Supposed to be nearing completion and be very tall and diverse, one of the top 5 gyms in the nation.

The new gym being constructed will be a Vertical World gym. Link below. Looks like it's going to be pretty sick.

Vertical World Seattle 4.0

As far as memberships transferring from Stone Gardens Ballard to Bellevue, it looks like it depends on the type of membership you have. Links below.

Memberships

Memberships FAQ

Best thing to do would be to just call and ask.

Ballard - 206.781.9828

Bellevue - 425.644.2445

I look forward to checking out SG Bellevue.

While we're plugging our favorite gyms, I'll give a shout out to the SBP, which is working hard to provide a great experience - excellent and varied routes, good route turnover, free yoga, weights, classes, health and fitness workshops, best pads in Seattle. In the end, location and late evening hours are key factors for me.

Competition between gyms means a better experience for all of us.

• 3 weeks later...

I am NOT a gym rat, but every once in a looong while...

*It's a nice (new) place with a mellow feel (at least on a Monday afternoon): not to crowded or pretentious feeling; cheers to the the recent rise in "local" indoor wall space which helps to keep the traffic down.

*The walls are coated/lined(?) with some grippy plastic stuff which is eons past slippery plywood painted over with a sand mix -again, I am probably way behind the times in regards to reporting on the norm in climbing wall texure. Anyways, it's nice!

*The routes are defined by the color of the holds -no tape. Nice!

*There's a sweet "perfect hands" crack (a little thin at the start) on one of the walls near the back -which with "the touch of a button" quietly tilts back at 105 degrees with the use of hydraulics. Pretty neat.

*A seperate area designated for little kids to climb on and host birthday parties, etc. Thoughtful.

*A "decent" kaiten sushi joint across the street -I'm a bit of a sushi snob, but it's really like quite OK man...

I'm still on the fence regarding SG Bellevue. While I think its cool (and open and such), it's hard to have it feel like home - isn't that sad? VW Redmond still feels a bit like home. Might just keep my VW Redmond membership and get a punch card for SG. Haven't decided. All the things Crack said I agree with.

I haven't tried that crazy perfect hands crack.