Wenatchee Climbers/Mountaineers/Outdoor Folks

Pica_Whisperer

A SHOUT OUT TO THE EASTERN WASHINGTON OUTDOORSY FOLKS??!!!

I'm moving to Wenatchee this summer!! Can you dig it??!

.....and looking for some folks to climb/scramble/hang with and just starting some connections and networking at this time; maybe some local folks can give me beta on good climbing shops in Eastern WA or good coffee shops (I do most my shopping at MEC or Mt Gear though)

My destiny is to climb up Mt Stuart this summer or next...or sometime in my lifetime.

I'm a female, super laid back and fit and also I'm a great and VERY safe belay slave, but only climb 5.9 and don't lead and just starting back up after a 5 year lay off (just doing in door bouldering now). I have to ease back into it....so I know some of you climb 5.14 in the mountains...so I understand if you write me off...it's ok... I'll only cry a little...lose a little sleep.

I currently live in the land of the Climbing Dead of Interior Alaska where there isn't much climbing activity compared to the Cascades, especially moderate. I'll still work in Alaska but will live in Wenatchee. I work a 2-week on 2-week off schedule.... GROOVY BABY!!! Not too far to fly each month.

Feel free to PM me or email me if you live in the area..or the state! It's all good! Let's rock!

Thanks for any help and feedback!! :wave:

Mwah

~ The Pica Whisperer

Edited by Pica_Whisperer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wenatchee / Leavenworth area has a pretty solid group of outdoor enthusiasts. You should check out www.wenatcheeoutdoors.com for some ideas on hikes, climbs, etc. One idea for meeting folks would be to do some of the events organized by Leavenworth Winter Sports Club, such as runs and ski "races." You will probably also have success meeting climbing partners on this board. Good luck with your move!

The Wenatchee / Leavenworth area has a pretty solid group of outdoor enthusiasts. You should check out www.wenatcheeoutdoors.com for some ideas on hikes, climbs, etc. One idea for meeting folks would be to do some of the events organized by Leavenworth Winter Sports Club, such as runs and ski "races." You will probably also have success meeting climbing partners on this board. Good luck with your move!

Thanks, Pete! I'll definitely check out the website!

Hey, I fought fire with a Pete (I think) H in Leavenworth back in 1998...that's not you, is it? He did some climbing and EMT work, too. We flopped on Barney's Rubble. Man...that was a long time ago....

And really, Pete, even though rob is convinced I'm a troll, I'm not...I'm a gal who is just enthusiastic and friendly.

Thanks, again.

I live in the area and work on the slope. It's a pretty quick commute. You can be in ANC in 6 hours flying out of pangborne field in east Wenatchee.

2&2s- jealous! I do 4&4... painful.

AHHH!! NO WAY!! That's awesome!!! I am SO glad I thought to come to this forum!!

Oh, you are much stronger than I lance... 4&4's! Holy crap! You are one tuff mudder! I sure would like to pick your brain a bit about any flying tips.

You totally made my night!! Thanks! Hope our schedules work out so we can meet this summer!

• 4 weeks later...

For all you kids moving to the Wenatchee/Leavenworth area - we have a sick bunch of very hard core old farts who are always lookin' to show off our home turf. No sport-climbers! Yeah, you can find plenty of those around, too, but the world-class alpine climbing is the good stuff. Where in interior AK? I've got family in Fairbanks, end up visiting most years. Climbed around Denali back in the '80s, mostly end up hunting/fishing with my brother-in-law these days...