[TR] Mt. Washington - North Ridge 8/5/2010

gruntpltleader

Trip: Mt. Washington - North Ridge

Date: 8/5/2010

Trip Report:

Just getting around to posting this as Grad school has taken all my free time.

Last summer after being defeated on this route for a number of reasons, my wife took pity and decided to go along. we left the truck at the PCT and FS 500 and then made good time to the climbers trail. we stashed some water and made for the ridge. This time the snow was not too bad, but the bugs damn near bled us to death.

SAM_0055.JPG

We gained the ridge and fueled up.

SAM_0066.JPG

Upon reaching the notch. I broke out the rope and tied a sling for the wife. All of a sudden a voice comes from the top of the gendarme that makes the notch. A guy was standing on top of the gendarme and is wondering where the trail was and if he could join our rope team. I told him sure. Marvin had left his GF on the trail below the first gendarmes and was going to head up on his own. Better to be safe. I led the technical portion ( my first) by slung horns all the way up to the rappel block.

SAM_0069.JPG

SAM_0067.JPG

Wifes first alpine climb

SAM_0073.JPG

We followed the path of least resistance to the top and enjoyed an awesome view.

SAM_0074.JPG

SAM_0090.JPG

We downclimbed to the block and rapped the first pitch back to the notch. We skiied the scree to the big meadow west of the peak.

SAM_0091.JPG

SAM_0094.JPG

SAM_0095.JPG

In the middle of nowhere, we ran accross an outward bound camp site. Who Knew? Back to the truck and back to the coast. Truck to Truck in 12 hours and a good time was had by all.

Gear Notes:

slings, 60m rope, water, wife

Outward bound repellent spray.

Approach Notes:

PCT to climbers trail then go up until out of rock. repeat in revers order

Edited by gruntpltleader

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic