Republican Nominees for Prez

olyclimber

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to guess that who ever you like doesn't have a chance in hell in getting elected.

Libtards of cc.com don't like any republican candidate, ever. No story. Move along.

WRONG! Kev just proved you wrong.

So again I ask you...who do you like? Unless you're too chicken to answer the question. Which you are of course.

I think KKK has proven time and time again he is too chicken to give a real answer here.

I think you have the best answer to the question so far Rob, but of course he's not very polling to well right now. Probably the biggest strike against him is that he is a Mormon.

I think there's two bigger strikes against him: He has the audacity to associate with the current White House, and he's attempted to occupy a self-invented no-man's land of being ever-so-slightly more conservative than Romney, which he's not. The first one affects his clout with with the Republican "base"; the second one affects his clout with Democrats trending towards a GOP candidate. I do think Romney can shake the Zion Letter a little more easily than Huntsman due to his name recognition, but in this field, and on the national stage, I don't think the LDS upbringings are going to be the deciding factors.

[video:youtube]3HSlbuli7HM

I think Mormonism and Scientology are the most awesome because they are the two most accepted religions that are Made in America in the very recent past, not some stupid old Eurofag crap.

[video:youtube]YOdF_3RIXJ4

they serve to make other religions more believable.

kkkkk, I'm interested to know what candidate you support, too! Why won't you tell us?

I like Huntsman OK. I haven't bothered to learn too much about him since he doesn't have a chance in hell, but he seems fairly non-crazy and he's not Obama, so he has that working for him. Also, the republican base doesn't seem to like him, which is a good sign. Of course, in reality I'll end up voting for Obama, I'm sure.

Who do you like?

Sorry, to answer the question requires a spine if you are a Republican with Libertarian leanings (or vise versa) as kkkkk is. It takes a man to state the obvious, pretty much the whole field of Republican candidates are shit. I'm not that familiar with Huntsman, but based on this he does seem to be the least crazy of the bunch:

http://www.issues2000.org/Jon_Huntsman.htm

Huntsman professes a firm belief in science, rejecting the notion that faith and evolution are mutually exclusive. In response to Rick Perry's creationist world view [95], Huntsman warned that the Republicans should not become the "anti-science" party, and stated:

"To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy."[96]

"For GOP to win, we can't run from science. (Sep 2011)"

I think you have the best answer to the question so far Rob, but of course he's not very polling to well right now. Probably the biggest strike against him is that he is a Mormon.

You guys also pretended to consider voting for McCain... and that he was "cool" (at least around 2000 and 2004 and as long as he bashed fellow republicans now and then), but then decided he completely sucked once he got the nod (gramps! mcSame!). Keep pretending!

I'm going to guess that who ever you like doesn't have a chance in hell in getting elected.

Libtards of cc.com don't like any republican candidate, ever. No story. Move along.

I like Ron Paul.

You also have the IQ of cold oatmeal. Fortunately for the libtards on the board, I'll give them a pass on guilt-by-association with you.

kkkkk, I'm interested to know what candidate you support, too! Why won't you tell us?

I like Huntsman OK. I haven't bothered to learn too much about him since he doesn't have a chance in hell, but he seems fairly non-crazy and he's not Obama, so he has that working for him. Also, the republican base doesn't seem to like him, which is a good sign. Of course, in reality I'll end up voting for Obama, I'm sure.

Who do you like?

Sorry, to answer the question requires a spine if you are a Republican with Libertarian leanings (or vise versa) as kkkkk is. It takes a man to state the obvious, pretty much the whole field of Republican candidates are shit. I'm not that familiar with Huntsman, but based on this he does seem to be the least crazy of the bunch:

http://www.issues2000.org/Jon_Huntsman.htm

Huntsman professes a firm belief in science, rejecting the notion that faith and evolution are mutually exclusive. In response to Rick Perry's creationist world view [95], Huntsman warned that the Republicans should not become the "anti-science" party, and stated:

"To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy."[96]

"For GOP to win, we can't run from science. (Sep 2011)"

You guys also pretended to consider voting for McCain... and that he was "cool" (at least around 2000 and 2004 and as long as he bashed fellow republicans now and then), but then decided he completely sucked once he got the nod (gramps! mcSame!). Keep pretending!

Someone is pretending and still is incapable of answering a direct question. Hint: its you. I've given up on asking though, I'll accept that you don't have the balls to answer it.

Actually the turning point with McCain was not then, but a very, very specific time. It was when he introduced his choice for Vice President. At that point people (and not just people who consider themselves Democrats or "librul") decided that he wasn't fit for the job. But you still voted for the package deal, didn't ya!

300.palin.sarah.lc.111809.jpg

To be fair, McCain did a pretty good job of trashing his reputation during the Savings and Loan scandal.

Also, to be fair, he was being compared to Dubya during the 2000 primaries. Nuff said there. Having said that, I never heard a single librul friend of mine throw any support his way during that period.

Take a long look at McCain's career and one descriptor percolates to the top: Fuck Up.