• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

Republican Nominees for Prez

I'm perfectly happy validating the media's marketing of candidates if it involves making republicans look bad. It's the greatest good.

UNtil it comes back to bite you in the ass and you don't have a leg to stand on. The end doesn't justify the means.

I'm not sure I'd trust a 'media-less' opinion much, but hey, that's just me.

Don't know about you, but I don't have a big staff of investigative reporters at my personal beck and call.

I can't wait till we are comfortable having articulate buxom babes run for president. It'd be great TV too.

Don't know about you, but I don't have a big staff of investigative reporters at my personal beck and call.

where did you get that I said media-less? There is a big difference between reporters doing their jobs and talking heads focusing on form rather than issues.

Actually, I get all my information and news from Rob.

And there is the problem. Did you know that Rob is extremely sarcastic? :wazup:

You're right, when someone like Hitler comes along running for president, the media should make sure he gets a fair shake by ignoring obvious gaffs, like forgetting his own position on the issues.

You're right, when someone like Hitler comes along running for president, the media should make sure he gets a fair shake by ignoring obvious gaffs, like forgetting his own position on the issues.

when someone like Bush2 comes along, I want the media to ask him pointed questions about his stance and record (all of it) rather than giving him a pass because he sounds like someone you'd have a beer with or because he didn't have a brain freeze (or whatever) during a debate.

when someone like Bush2 comes along, I want the media to ask him pointed questions about his stance and record (all of it) rather than giving him a pass because he sounds like someone you'd have a beer with or because he didn't have a brain freeze (or whatever) during a debate.

But what does it matter, since the supreme court would just hand the job to him, anyway?

you're far too trusting.

On the contrary, I don't trust the corporate media to vet candidates and I won't buy into their dog and pony show even if it is momentarily advantageous.

where did you get that I said media-less? There is a big difference between reporters doing their jobs and talking heads focusing on form rather than issues.

I wouldn't know. I don't watch the talking heads much.

On the contrary, I don't trust the corporate media to vet candidates and I won't buy into their dog and pony show even if it is momentarily advantageous.

They won't even give fair media coverage to Ron Paul, even though he's leading in some Iowa polls.

That's so unfair that they're giving him a hard-time, I don't want the media involved in my dog-and-pony show!!!

oh snap!

it's not fair for you to give him a hard time for that. I don't need the media making my decisions for me!!!!

They won't even give fair media coverage to Ron Paul, even though he's leading in some Iowa polls.

Paul gets way more media coverage than 3rd party candidates will get. I'd be more concerned about that.

Gin up a 3rd Party Candidate to say shit as stupid as Paul does, fuck up as bad as Perry does, or grope like Cain does and you'll have your coverage, straight away.

Until the convention, that is. Remember who the audience is these days...it's not the 'average voter'. It's the loony tunes that constitute the inner circle of both parties.

Gin up a 3rd Party Candidate to say shit as stupid as Paul does, fuck up as bad as Perry does, or grope like Cain does and you'll have your coverage, straight away.

only for the time needed to destroy him.

Edited by j_b

Aw, that just breaks my heart!

Gin up a candidate who can handle the horrors of the national stage and maybe that won't be a problem.

You must be joking. Nader, Kucinich and others had no problem handling the national stage except for the corporate media deciding their candidacy didn't warrant being covered.