Republican Nominees for Prez

olyclimber

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I'd trust a 'media-less' opinion much, but hey, that's just me.

Don't know about you, but I don't have a big staff of investigative reporters at my personal beck and call.

where did you get that I said media-less? There is a big difference between reporters doing their jobs and talking heads focusing on form rather than issues.

You're right, when someone like Hitler comes along running for president, the media should make sure he gets a fair shake by ignoring obvious gaffs, like forgetting his own position on the issues.

when someone like Bush2 comes along, I want the media to ask him pointed questions about his stance and record (all of it) rather than giving him a pass because he sounds like someone you'd have a beer with or because he didn't have a brain freeze (or whatever) during a debate.

You're right, when someone like Hitler comes along running for president, the media should make sure he gets a fair shake by ignoring obvious gaffs, like forgetting his own position on the issues.

when someone like Bush2 comes along, I want the media to ask him pointed questions about his stance and record (all of it) rather than giving him a pass because he sounds like someone you'd have a beer with or because he didn't have a brain freeze (or whatever) during a debate.

But what does it matter, since the supreme court would just hand the job to him, anyway?

you're far too trusting.

I'm not sure I'd trust a 'media-less' opinion much, but hey, that's just me.

Don't know about you, but I don't have a big staff of investigative reporters at my personal beck and call.

where did you get that I said media-less? There is a big difference between reporters doing their jobs and talking heads focusing on form rather than issues.

I wouldn't know. I don't watch the talking heads much.

On the contrary, I don't trust the corporate media to vet candidates and I won't buy into their dog and pony show even if it is momentarily advantageous.

They won't even give fair media coverage to Ron Paul, even though he's leading in some Iowa polls.

On the contrary, I don't trust the corporate media to vet candidates and I won't buy into their dog and pony show even if it is momentarily advantageous.

They won't even give fair media coverage to Ron Paul, even though he's leading in some Iowa polls.

Paul gets way more media coverage than 3rd party candidates will get. I'd be more concerned about that.

Gin up a 3rd Party Candidate to say shit as stupid as Paul does, fuck up as bad as Perry does, or grope like Cain does and you'll have your coverage, straight away.

only for the time needed to destroy him.

Edited by j_b

Aw, that just breaks my heart!

Gin up a candidate who can handle the horrors of the national stage and maybe that won't be a problem.

You must be joking. Nader, Kucinich and others had no problem handling the national stage except for the corporate media deciding their candidacy didn't warrant being covered.