Republican Nominees for Prez

olyclimber

everybody gets to see what these folks are made of before they become Presidential disasters.

Bush.

naw, he was, as you recall, a disaster on the campaign trail in double-ought two too. might explain why more 'mericans voted against him then for him that year? :)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, how far did this dumbass think he was going to get with all this baggage?

Uh, pretty far?

bill-clinton-flowers.jpg

no doubt you can go far, just takes a good bit more charisma and substance than ole'cain i feel - frankly, if home boy could get us a similiar long-term boom and good-time as clinton, i'd be tempted....don't see that in the cards though - seriously, do you? :crazy:

Ultimately, isn't this the same kind of easily avoidable nonsense we saw with the lack of vetting of Sarah Palin by the McCain campaign? I mean, how far did this dumbass think he was going to get with all this baggage?

not thinking yer seeing the whole picture here.

palin wasn't running her own campaign, and cain wasn't terribly concerned about getting elected.

well, until he started thinking shit maybe i got a chance at something better than good publicity: great publicity and even better policy.

and cain wasn't terribly concerned about getting elected.

Well that's just great. I'm glad the nomination process for the most powerful position on the planet can provide a carnivalesque launching pad for whatever the fuck it is he and Donald Trump really want to do. As long as someone else is footing the bill. And we know who that someone is...

[video:youtube]

NYT this morning reports:

" The lawyer for one of the women who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment said Friday that Mr. Cain engaged in a “series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances” toward his client over two months in the 1990s, and he directly accused Mr. Cain, a Republican presidential candidate, of not telling the truth about his behavior."

"A Washington Post/ABC News poll on Friday found that 7 in 10 Republicans say the allegations do not matter when it comes to selecting a presidential candidate."

No surprise there.

Still, 30% isn't exactly chump change in a close race.

The Cain campaign is now refusing to answer questions about the harassment.

No surprise there, either. That didn't work out so well for Weiner, though. We'll see how well it works this time.